Chapter 18: Urge to Remember

READER-CHAN'S POV

I just froze there, not knowing what to do. Because, actually, I don't believe it. I don't believe what he said because I would never love a killer, would I? The mark on my left shoulder hurts and I think I'm going to pass out again. Before I could reply, he pulls back just in time and looks at me with those exhilarating eyes and it took me all the strength not to pass out now. He seems worried, and he was as he saw the disbelief evident in my face. He sighs, and grunts, combing back his hair in frustration.

He smiles, and it looks like it hurts. "You don't believe me."

And I think I don't. But I feel like I should. He stands up, and my eyes follow his movement, just to be sure. He takes a look at me before turning away and closing the door behind him. I stare at the door and I breathe out, something I didn't register to do a while ago. My hand goes to my heart and I could feel it beating so fast. Why was that?

I frowned and looked down, relaxing as I lie back down on the bed. The mark still hurts and I don't know why.

What the hell is happening? It's been more than a week that I met him and less than three days that he told me that we should just have fun. But I ruined it. I wasn't ready and here I am now, thinking about what the hell to do next? I don't know why but I seem so sad and I felt like crying. I bit my lip and I can't stop crying now.

I hiccup, facing the pillow to silence my sobs.

I feel so pathetic. Here I was crying when I asked for the truth. What's so bad about that? I don't think loving him would be bad and he seemed so nice to me so I loved him dearly then? And he, to me, back? I don't, I just can't believe it. I don't know why.

He's too good for me.

That was the problem, huh? Not him being a killer?

I smile. I feel ashamed and pathetic. I feel loved, though, as I look at the bowl of soup. I need to say sorry. I sit up and jumped out of the bed, creaking the door open silently so I can surprise him—well, hopefully. I smile at this and wipe the almost dried tears in my eyes. I walked down the stairs and quickly heard mumbling. I thought he was talking to himself until I heard a shout. It wasn't him. At first I thought he was being attacked until I heard him shush the other.

Who was it? I went up closer and leaned in the wall so I wouldn't be seen.

"I told you she won't believe you!"

Slenderman.

"You didn't tell me that! But fine, you're right. She won't love me now."

Jeff.

"And you're going to give up now?"

"Hell no." I smile at this. At least he won't give up on me. I'm just hoping he really can make me fall in love with him. I try not giggle. How wishful I am. I think I can really love a killer. But I want to love him like I did when we really first met.

"Jeff, please. You know there's a war brewing—"

"Hell if I care! We're gonna win!" I try not to giggle at this but shook my head. What the hell does he get all his confidence from? He's so freaking weird and funny. But it didn't seem funny to Slenderman as I heard him sigh. I bet he looks frustrated—oops. I roll my eyes and continue to listen.

"Jeff..."

"By the way, why'd you bring Savannah, Red, Silver and Sonic?"