Letter to a firework

Dear firework,

I hope the name doesn't offend you, it's the most apt description of you I can think of right now, with your constantly changing colours (of your hair at least) and your explosive nature. Not angry, just volatile. Things affect you far more than they appear to and then you burst into beautiful colours and a beautiful character. You never stop being beautiful.

Unlike a firework, you repair. You come back and you grow stronger and I have never respected anyone as much as you. Yes, you have bad habits but I believe in you so strongly. You're my inspiration for making it out of this. I don't think I've ever told you but you are. We used to stick so closely together and then we were separated through  circumstances. But the friendship remains, my dear firework, and I am honestly so thankful.

You're a celebration, you're a powerful force of nature. People listen to you because you're generally right, you know what you're talking about and you say it with passion. Your passion for the people and things you care about is so admirable. Your determination to make it through everything despite the difficulties you face to get to where you want to be is incredible, so strong.

I will always have faith in you, firework.

I hope you have faith in me too.