Chapter 18

~Felix~

I tumbled down the hill, smashing into trees and rocks. At one point I rolled through a small stream and was drenched, icy water soaking my clothes and hair. On the way down I got separated from Mark and Jack, both of which were unconscious. I finally smashed into a large boulder and stopped. I would have been dead. I SHOULD have been dead. The only reason I wasn't was the fact that a thin green mist had surrounded me, acting like a weak force field. As soon as I stopped, the mist faded away.

I lay there for a few minutes, nearly chocking in my haste to inhale air. I reached above me and wedged my hands into a cracking the boulder, pulling myself to my feet. I cried out in pain, and my legs buckled beneath me. I sunk to my knees, breathing hard. I glanced around, but I was completely surrounded in forest. I tried to get up again, but once again failed. 

"What's wrong?" a mocking voice behind me said. "Did you take a hard....fall?"

                                                                                                ~Mark~

I woke up to blood dripping into my eyes. I wiped it away only to find my head was bleeding badly. I pressed the sleeve of my shirt against the wound to stop the flow of blood, and glanced around. Nothing but trees. How was I alive? I noticed the last traces of green mist vanishing around my feet. I had to smile. 

Thank you, Jack.

I saw nether Felix nor Jack, so I slowly stood up, leaning on a tree for support. I almost fell over, it hurt like hell to walk. I managed to move from tree to tree, so I started looking for my friends. I soon found Jack. He was unconscious, and what worried me the most was the fact that a stick was impaled in his side. I knelt down beside him and gently rolled him over so I could look at it. I wish I hadn't. The stick was impaled at least one and a half inches into his side, and it was bleeding like crazy. Green sparks were flying around the wound, trying to heal it, but couldn't because of the stick. I winced. I really didn't want to, but if I did, he could heal himself. I grabbed the stick and pulled it out. His body flinched, as if in pain. The green sparks however, instantly started to heal the wound.

Jack groaned. I propped him up against a tree so he was sitting. He opened his eyes and glance at me.

"You're bleeding.." he muttered.

"No shit Sherlock." I said, a sarcastic tone in my voice. I calmed down. "Are you okay?"

He nodded, then grabbed my hand. Green sparks flew from it and spiraled around my head. The bleeding stopped, and the wound sealed. Jack flopped against the tree. He had been using to much energy.

He started to speak, but I stopped him. 

"You're exhausted." I told him. "Sleep. Now."

He didn't argue.