Empty threats may not be so empty..

I think my heart was about to burst with happiness. I was in Gryffindor! I smiled widely and jumped off the stool putting the hat back on it. I skipped all they way to the table and sat down next James and Sirius. I could hardly believe my luck. And then I remembered. Getting into Gryffindor, was basically getting my death sentence. 

I sighed. I looked up to see that Sev had been sorted into Slytherin, I watched as he frowned at Lily, who looked equally upset. I must have been frowning because, Sirius turned to ask me if I was alright.

" I'm fine." I said, trying to smile. I looked back up to the see the sorting had finished, with a kid named Arthur getting sorted into Gryffindor. Dumbledore had stood up to say something, for a second he looked straight at me, as if he was examining me with those twinkling blue eyes...

"Ah, I will not starve you anymore, nitwik, bubble and tweak!" He exclaimed, and then suddenly food appeared in front of us. Platters of chicken, mashed potatoes and treacle tart were all over and down the table. I smiled and started eating, taking a little of everything. I usually love food, but right now I was too scared of Voldermort to eat much. I wonder how far he would go to have me killed..

                                                                  ************************

After everyone had finished eating, we walked back to the common rooms. The prefects showed us the way and gave us the password to enter. (Fairy Lights) I said goodnight to James and Sirius and was about to start making my way to the girl dormitories, when the common room door opened.

 "Victoria Riddle!" Professor McGongall's voice exclaimed. My eyes widened, Father couldn't have found out this fast.. had he sent someone to kill me? Did McGongall know? I tried to calm my self down as I walked to the stern witch. 

"Yeah, that's me." I said quietly. 

She peered down at me and then said," You have been requested into Professor Dumbledore's office. Follow me, please." 

She walked out of the common room, with me following quickly behind. She led us down a long corridor, to a gargoyle. 

" Lemon Drops" She said to the gargoyle. It opened, to reveal a long spiraling staircase. We walked up to the stairs for at the end there was another door. This time Professor McGongall knocked.

" Enter."  Dumbledore's voice said. 

She opened the door for me as I walked in and took the seat in front of Dumbledore's desk.

" Hello, Ms.Riddle. Riddle, what" - he seemed to look for the right word - " a peculiar name."

My eyes widened.. could he know? Did he know that Fathers name was Tom Riddle? He looked old enough, could he have been possibly been teaching here while Father was here? 

"Peculiar?" I asked.

He seemed to take me in for a second, before saying, " Are you, Ms.Riddle in any way related to the Tom Riddle, or Lord Voldermort as he calls himself these days?" 

I couldn't reply to that because if I did, I die. So instead I said very slowly, " Professor.. i need.. your help."

" Why would I help you? Victoria, If you are who I think you are.. I have no reason to want to help you."

" But I'm not who you think I am! I plan to run away this summer. I never want to return to where I live." I said carefully, making sure each word did not involve Father in any way. 

He sighed. " Has he made an unbreakable Vow with you, Victoria? Is that why you cant speak?"

I couldn't say anything. He continued. " I'm presuming you cant tell anyone his where abouts, or even who you are?"