Chapter10: The American Return

A/N: Remember the prologue from book 6 of The One series, Fueling The Fire? It was a flashforward. Well, now that scene from the prologue is here! ;)

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter10-The American Return 

August 27, 2010

 It's now August. 7th Anthem had just released their single, High Voltage, in Europe. They're now about to release their mini-album, Invented. As for the rest of the world, they've just released ReInvention with a slightly altered track list. The album had sold well.

 7A was now in New York City, taking a break from the European leg of their tour. They were going to perform on Good Morning America that morning. They're about to release and promote their North American comeback single, Never Got Away. It was a dance-pop song that was produced by RedOne, and written by The Clutch. This was strategic for 7A's return.

 7A was in their hotel eating light breakfasts. They were nervous and quiet. Then Libby blurted out this question, "What if the American public doesn't like us?"

 The members looked at her. Trevor asked, "Why? Is it because of that two-image thing a few years ago?"

 "Well, it makes sense. Look at Miley Cyrus. She can't win with anyone here. They say she's too young to be sexy, but complain that she's too old to do Hannah Montana."

 Bailey said, "Well, she can't please everybody, but it's unfortunate that no one wants her to grow up. As for us, the American public can't hold a grudge on us forever. It's been several years since that happened."

 Then Alyson, who was on her new iPad, said, "I wouldn't bet on it."

 Bailey asked, "What do you mean?"

 "There's already opinions out now about us. It's like we're back in 2007. There are people saying that we're still too young to be sexy despite the fact we're 21. They've seen the clips of our TV series, and the recent pictures of us. We're still controversial."

 Andrew said, "Look, we can't let the public scare us away. We've went through some shit when we tried to land an American record label earlier this year. We're not gonna be driven away that easily. Besides, if we run away, Maurice, and Ethan, will win."

 The members agreed. They're weren't going to be scared away.

 It's an hour later. 7A were backstage, getting ready for their performance. They were premiering both Never Got Away and Over You. They all felt nervous during the car ride to the ABC studios. They were all dressed in black and white punk-pop-rock clothes.

 Then they saw something surprising: There was a large crowd of people surrounding the stage. Some of them were holding signs, saying "UTurn" and "I heart Andrew."

 Alyson asked 7A's publicist Carol, "Are all these people our fans?"

 "Yes, they are, " she replied absently as she was on her iPhone.

 Then the band exited their car, and entered in the back of the studios. Soon, they were in the back the outdoor stage. They heard "UTurn" chants. 7A couldn't believe they still called by their old name. They were never forgotten. In fact, they seemed to have gain more fans.  

 They snapped out of their amazement when they told they had five minutes to go on stage. Suddenly, Andrew approached Alyson, and kissed her on her forehead. She asked him, "Why didn't you kiss me on the lips?"

 He replied, "I don't want to ruin your makeup right before we perform."

 "Aww, you're sweet, but you're gonna ruin it when we return to the hotel."

 Andrew laughed, and then asked, "Are you nervous? Excited?"

 "A little bit of both. I mean, we haven't performed in the US in years. We're not these cute teenagers anymore. We're sexy adults. Sometimes I wonder if the American public can accept us, or go all 'Miley Cyrus' on us."

 "We won't know until we perform. Look, I love England. Working in the UK was the best experience we ever had, but I'm American. I miss our fans, the performances, and working here."

 "But I bet you don't miss Beacon Hill High."

 "That place? All the Beacon Hill public schools are ancient history. All it matters now is that we move forward."

 With that, Alyson and Andrew hugged. Then it was time to perform. As the 7A members were about to go on stage, Andrew asked Alyson, "Are you ready?"

 Alyson replied with a determined grin, "Let's take back America."

 Andrew smiled back at her, and the couple, along with the band, were on stage. They saw an enormous crowd. The 7A members gave huge grins. Then they performed their two songs. After it was over, the crowd screamed. This was just the beginning of 7A's return to America. There was nothing to stop them...or is there?

 It's two weeks later, and 7A were back on tour. They were in Moscow, where their two-day concert has been sold out and over-capacity. It was also the last stop before they return to Britain to promote season two of The Delinquents.

 Their mini-album has sold really well. As for their American single, Never Got Away, it's starting to climb on the Billboard Hot 100 charts. But in the New England region, it's charting high and fast.

 As they were in their hotel suite, Alyson was on her laptop. She was checking out the charts on iTunes, and decided to check out the British charts. Suddenly, she saw something shocking. 7A's new rival, The OutLaws, released their debut single, In The Dark, and it charted at number 3.

 Alyson then looked at the official British charts. The rival band peaked at 2. Feeling worried, she showed the 7A members the numbers. They all became concerned.

 Libby asked, "So, what do we do now?"

 Alyson said sternly, "We beat them at their own game. That's all we can do."

__________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER: I'm in the middle of writing the lyrics to the song, Never Got Away. The song will be up soon.