Last Chapter: You're His Favorite Joke

~~Lots of POV jumping~~

~Bruce Wayne aka Batman~

Joker pulled away a person I couldn't recognize as he fled behind the curtain. From doors on both sides, came out several guards. I looked to Slade who was trapped on some sort of cell.

"Find the source of the cage, Bats! I can help you!" 

I don't need or want Slade's help. He abandoned me when we first work together. And now, in his eye, was no longer anger. But a fiery rage that I won't be able to control. 

A guard ran to me. His punch was predictable as I backed away. He fell over as I punched his ribs and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. I saw, from the corner of my eye, two guard coming for me. I hurled the guard in my grips at them. They fell down while cursing.

"Joker will make you pay!"

I grabbed the edge of my cape and swung it side to side which made the next in coming guard dizzy. I grabbed his head and slammed his head  on the ground. I rolled over and saw a guard who tried to swing a knife at me. I backed away several time, jumped over his  head and gave a hard punch to his head. He fell down and revealed three more guards. They all attacked at once as I kneel down and used my forearm to block. I used my strength to force them off. I side kicked one guard and saw as one guard tried to kick me. I grabbed it without struggle and elbowed his head and gave a strong uppercut.  I turned to see a crate hurled at me. I quickly grabbed it and threw it to the pestering guard.

"God, I ain't mean no harm. Honest!"

I turned to see a guard on his knees.

"Truly pathetic." Commented Slade as I turned on my detective vision. The guard in front of me had a purple aura surrounding him.I dashed to him and lifted him up by his throat.

"You have information that I want! Tell me," I reeled him closer to my face, "or I'll spend my night breaking every bone in your body."

"Joker wants to gas Gotham! Gas it with this poisonous laughing gas! He said Gotham will die with a smile leaving him and Harley to reign forever!"

"Who is Harley?" I asked in confusion.

He remained quiet which made me tighten my grip. "You're making me lose my patience! Which means you're running out of time!"

"Shit! Okay! Harley is his girlfriend! She's crazy just like him and Joker want's Gotham to 'awe' of her. Like she's something important!"

"Thank you," I whispered as I punched him. I flung his body to the cage held by Slade.

  Joker plans to gas the city. The only way to do that is to tap into the sewer line below us. The mixture will have it flow through the outskirts of Gotham and into the center of the city. The gas will vaporize through the very sewers which will taint the air they breath. But why hasn't he done it? What is he waiting for? The guard said he wants to show Gotham  Harley. But it's not that simple.It's never that simple with Joker.

"Get me out of here... Or are you afraid of what I'll do?" Slade taunted but I ignored him as I went to the stage.

"I'll get out of her, Batman! I've escaped from far worse cages!"

I walked behind stage and saw a broken vanity mirror.  I turned on my detective vision, but selected the vision which allowed me to see any trace of D.N.A. There's a shard of glass on the floor that has blood on the edges.  I picked it up and copied the D.N.A sequence in the blood. Looks like someone held this glass too tight. 

After the D.N.A was checked, it's revealed to belong to...

"Dr. Harleen Quinzel..." I whispered to myself.