Normal (Part 1)

The day started off normal. 

He got out of bed. He got dressed. He ate breakfast. He got prepared for work. He walked over to his calendar, ready to mark off another day. Only something stopped him, a circle. A small red circle around the next day. Around today. A smile graced his face as he crossed off the day. Walking over to the door, he turned back to look at his calendar once more before he left.

I hope today will be different.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

Work started off normal.

He filled out papers. He went to meetings. He talked to his boss. He gave everyone his usual smile. He was avoided by everyone. He was okay with it. He went around doing his normal routine, waiting for someone to notice. 

"IVAN!"

He stopped as he was about to leave his office; turning to look at his boss of 4 years. "Da, sir?" Ivan waited patiently for his boss, trying to smother the slight hope of someone noticing the date.

The elderly man huffed for a second before passing over a paper. "You need to fill this out before you go."

Ivan nodded, grabbing the paper. He filled it out. He turned it in. He left his office without anyone noticing the date.

I hope today will end different.

  ~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~ 

 Walking home started off normal.

He passed by the park. He passed by the train station. He passed by the bank. He passed by bakery, before something yellow caught his eye. Stopping, he tried peering into the shop to look, but was unable to see anything clearly.  

Walking into the deserted shop, he was assaulted by wonderful, warm smells that almost made him forget about the frozen hell that was his home. Another one of his famous smiles on his face, he  crossed over to the counter to look at the all the desserts displayed.

Cupcakes decorated to look like daisies. Chocolates formed to look like roses. Cookies with tulip frosting. Everything was beautifully decorated, but nothing was compared to the cake that Ivan laid his eyes on. 

The cake was a simple white base, single tiered cake covered in warm colors. A soft green vine decorated the rim; leaves and small red, almost peach colored, buds grew from that simple line. Covering a portion of the cake were three flowers with 5 petals and a round yellow center. Each petal was hand shaped in perfect proportion to frame the yellow beads holding the flowers together. But the main object of Ivan's attention was the large sunflower in the middle of the cake. Layers on layers of petals framed the round center of the large flower. Each layer of petals was a different, subtle shade of yellow. Soft on the edge, growing darker until reaching the ebony heart of the flower. 

The longer Ivan stared at the flower, the more colors he could notice. The tint along the outer petals, the orange that somehow mixed withing the yellow in the more delicate petals, the tinting of red among the black seed heart. Staring so long, Ivan could almost feel the sun on his face. The heat of Summer on the wind. Children's laughter piercing the air as they ran around the park. The smell of gunpowder from fireworks that these flowers were named after filled the his senses. A wave of nostalgia hit Ivan faster then he thought possible. 

Practically tearing his eyes from the cake, Ivan looked around for an employee. Clearing his throat, someone walked out from the back room; a polite greeting dying on the employee's lips as the smaller man caught sight of Ivan. With a shaky voice and movements, the nervous worker took Ivan's order and placed the cake in a box. After finishing the rest of the transaction, Ivan left the building and continued his long walk home.

I hope people with come.

  ~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~ 

Hey-yo! So here's an update. Meh *shrugs* I don't know how I feel about this and I feel like I can take it in different directions. Honestly, I hate that I had to make it into 2 parts, but I wanted to update.

(In all honestly this is what I normally do, write something stop half way through. I seriously have 7 drafts that I haven't published because they're incomplete.) 

But I digressed, the point is here is an update and it should be continued soon. I'm not going to say what it's from, most people should realize what it is. But if you really want to know, I'm sure someone will post it in the comments so you can go check.

Welp, it's 11:20 here so I'm calling it a night. 

Ja ne~

~Nakiasha :3

P.S. Word count: 780

P.P.S. I have a thing for the 100 reads (I started screeching when I saw that, you people made me so happy.) It just isn't finished yet I just need to work on the ending. Ok welp BYE~