(AOT) Tick-Tock Heart-Clock

I based this on the one AU where you have a clock that counts down till you meet your soul mate, but something else happens.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

When he was young, Jean was obsessed with the clock on his wrist that ticked. He used to click along with it, much to his mother's embarrassment and his father's amusement. Everywhere they went, Jean would softly be saying tick-tock tick-tock, right to the beat of his heartbeat. One of his earliest memories was his parents tucking him to bed while saying tick-tock with him as a lullaby.

It wasn't until he grew up did he realize how futile his efforts were. 

They say highschool is a cruel place. That everyone is turns into teenagers and hormonal and just become menaces. 

Jean disagrees. Middle school was hell. 

When he reached Fifth Grade, his tick-tock's almost disappeared- reappearing only as a nervous habit. He rarely did it outside on the playground, there was nothing to be nervous about. The classroom  was always filled with joy, only when a timed or spelling test occurred did the sound of soft tick-tocks fill the air. 

With the graduation to middle school and sixth grade, came the cruelty.  Kids suddenly who have been friends for years separate over the smallest of things. As his friends left Jean, he started to tick-tock again. It was fine the first year or so, he was quiet enough to be left alone. The next year was so filled with hate, friends turned on each other- and then they turned on Jean.

They never went after his habit, he kept that well hidden; they went after simpler things. His hair, his face, his clothes; but it wasn't enough to harass him at school. The bullies followed him home one day and heard his tick-tocks. They never left him alone after that. 

The constant name calling, the notes pinned to the back of shirts, the gang ups- they even went as far as to pin him down to write horrific words on him after a beating.

Walking into his house bloody, bruised, and covered in words 12 year olds shouldn't know was not the best experience. It had resulted in his mother fainting and his father calling the principle and the parents of the children to yell. His mother (after recovering) had frantically rushed him to the hospital to check for major injuries. There luckily hadn't been, but the mental scars remained. 

Jean grew a hatred to clocks and tick-tocks. His family moved and Jean begged to have his clock removed. His parents compromised by getting him a cuff to cover it. While it stopped him from looking at it, the sound never quite faded away. After numerous nightmares and anxiety attacks, his mother brought him to a therapist who offered him a solution. 

Music- headphones to be exact. This offered Jean to block anything with a tick-tock. While this worked for clocks, this also allowed the teenager to block everything. Years passed, as did the last years of middle school and highschool, and now the blond was onto University. 

He was walking to an early morning class with his headphones in, not paying attention, when a large object plowed him over. Said large object proceed to cover his face in slobber and doggy kisses, as his headphones were knocked out. Jean instantly panicked, his ears picking up the faint tick-tock of his heart-clock. A wave of anxiety flowed over him as the mass of dog was removed from his chest. 

Tick-tock.

Tick-tock.

"Hey?"

Tick-tock.

"Are you alright?"

He raised his head.

Tick-    

He locked eyes with the person above him.

"I-"

The words stuck in his throat. It never came.

The tock never came.

He looked at figure above him then down to his covered wrist. Back to the figure then the wrist.

"No, really. Are you alright?"

Jean took off the thick band that has been on his wrist for more than 6 years. And there it was, the clock that had started it all.

But it stopped.

His soulmate, his heart clock, it was at zero. Not one hour zero, not two days and zero, but zero.

He had found his soulmate.

With the cockiest grin he could muster, he grabbed proffered hand and pulled himself up.

"Oh trust me, I'm more than alright. I mean it's not like you meet your soulmate everyday."

The next moment will forever be his favorite. His light brown eyes met (e/c) as they frantically searched for a trace of a lie. They then left to look at the fabled heart clock to see how it had also reached zero. 

(E/c) found brown again as he slowly-

"And that kids is how I met your mother and my soulmate, (Dog/name)." Jean finished.

"But Dad, how can (Dog/n) be your soulmate?" The oldest child asked.

"We don't know, but I can't get married to (Dog/n) so I did the next best thing." 

He left the chair in the corner of the room to go and kiss his two children good night.

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

:D plus D:

Jean how can you say that to your kids, telling them it was the dog the whole time!?

lol

Hi! I finished this today and thought, "I've been gone for long enough and I feel guilty so here's another story." 

Word count: 786 (Literally 501 words is just backstory) ((Face palm x2))

Oh well.

Ja ne~

~Nakiasha

HERE'S A BIT OF EXTRA IF YOU WANT A MALE *Cough* Marco *Cough* WITH JEAN 

*Cough* or.an.OC.but.whatever *cough*:

"But Daddy, Papa isn't a mommy." The youngest of the two children started, wanting to know why his Daddy just called his Papa, Mommy. 

Jean rolled his eyes, "He's more motherly than me. So he's the mom." The older child started snickering causing Jean to look over. "And what's so funny to you?" The child did nothing except point behind Jean towards the open doorway. And there stood his husband, angry and with a spoon. {HE'S SCREWED >:3}

Jean stuttered nervously, as he walked over and quickly pecked his cheek. "H-hi, I was just telling the kids how we met. Y-you remember that moment right?" 

(E/c) clashed with brown as a slow and an angry-calm voice responded. "Oh yes, I remember that moment. I also remember the day when you asked me to move in with you. And then I learnt how you are incapable of cooking and refuse to clean; leaving me with the tasks mostly stereotyped with a mother. Now if you don't mind, you need to go gather a few blankets and a pillow. You are sleeping on the couch tonight."

And with the smugness that results of getting the final word in, Jean's husband turned around and left. Leaving a stunned Jean and two giggling children behind him. 

OKAY IT'S DONE AND JEAN YOU LITTLE SHIT YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVED >:3