Louis

Chapter 25

Louis

“I’d go with the black suit, it’s sharper than the navy blue,” Harry said, those infamous green eyes flicking between the two pieces of clothing hanging up in front of my wardrobe. The band, the stylists and the make-up artists had all turned up at around midday to start getting us ready for the awards ceremony happening later this evening.

I sighed and flopped back onto my bed, running my hands through my hair. I don’t know why everyone had agreed to meet at my apartment, but apparently it had been decided when I wasn’t here, probably whilst Ronnie and I were in Paris, but at least it explained the near heart attack I had waking up to see about fifteen people running around my house.

“I can’t even look at them anymore; it’s making my eyes swim. Let’s go in the lounge, at least then I can grab a cup of tea,” I said and Harry agreed. Once we had both made it past the bodyguards and Will, not to mention all the hair and make up artists fluttering around the stylists, we collapsed onto the sofa each with a cup of tea. Niall was already sitting there, with Lux on his lap.

          “You look slightly pale Lou, are you OK?” Harry leaned across the sofa to look at me closely, concern etched on his face.

          “Yeah, fine.”

          “You bringing Ronnie to the awards tonight?”

          “Yep.”

          “You don’t sound very excited about it,” Niall piped up. Lux was starting to snooze in his lap whilst Zayn was occupying Lou, totally focused on perfecting his hair.

          “I am. Just slightly nervous I guess. Plus, you know…”

          “What?” Harry asked.

          “It’s our last night together tonight.” I had filled the guys in about Ronnie basically moving to Ireland, and whilst they had been sympathetic about the whole issue, I could tell they had been having a hard time fully understanding how upset I was about Ronnie leaving. To them, it was just some girl I had known for two weeks, but to me, I was losing someone who understood me better than anyone else, perhaps apart from my five band mates.

          “She leaving tomorrow?”

          “In the afternoon, yeah.” I sighed, and turned my attention to Lux, the little girl somehow always managing to cheer me up with her sweet smile.

          “Man, that sucks. I’m sorry,” Harry said, and I could hear the pity in his voice. But he couldn’t know what it felt like, to lose someone. He had found the perfect girl in Rosie, and eventually everything had worked out for them. The rest of us just lived in hope to find even a shred of what they had.

          “It’s fine. So are you bringing Rosie and Audrey tonight?”

          “Yeah, they said they would pick up Ronnie if you like, look after her and show her where to go whilst we do the red carpet stuff.”

          “That’d be good. I think they’ve become quite good friends.” Lux giggled loudly and I smiled.

          “Yeah, Rosie seems to like her. Apparently she and A went round to see Ronnie after you two…” he trailed off awkwardly, so I finished for him.

          “When we fought. I remember Ronnie mentioning something about that in Paris.”

          “Speaking of the City of Love…” Liam wandered in wearing a red shirt, black trousers and a black velvet waistcoat.