Will you ever take care of yourself?

On a ship for a son of Poseidon means not only an advantage in a fight but also more monsters to attract. I realized that in the elivator to my floor, of course it would be a tentacle that grabs my shoulder and gets stuck in the door. It couldn't have been Annabeth? I mean not that I want her to get stuck in an elivator door or anything but it would be better than a tentacle.

Not the best thing to be thinking about when you're running from Oceanus' sea monster I know but ADHD does that to you doesn't it? A crash behind me alerts me of where the monster is and screams tell me that there are people in that area. One of the only ones with mortals on this ship aparrantly cause I've been playing hide and hunt with monsters for a while now and I've only encountered a few mortals. Oh no. I can't let them get hurt because of me. I take a deep breath as I make a U turn, hearing the shink of Riptide opening and feeling the comforting weight in my hand.

Dionysus is gonna kill me. He summoned me here. Wait or was it another god? I think it was Dionysus cause it caused a massive headache but that could also just be me. The tentacle monster stands tall in front of me, a mass of about 50 tentacles, 10 eyes and 40 random holes. Are the holes for breathing or are they just decorative? One tentacle grabbing onto my leg snaps me out of my reverie and as I instinctively slash down I have to stop and twist my sword to miss hitting and severing my own leg. The tentacle severs and the creature lets out an inhuman squeal of pain that quickly turns into a growl of anger.

Look for a heart, a chest, a throat, anything that could prove a lethal shot but all I see is eyes, tentacles and holes. That's it! If the thing breathes through the holes then if I block them it'll suffocate, right? But with what? There are only so many things on an abandoned cruise ship to use to suffocate a monster. Like what? There's a tablecloth and a bunch of bottles to my right and a pool to my left as I back up right into a bar with alcohol. Idea. I grab a random bottle and throw it, the glass bottle shatters on the one tentacle and splashes the entire monster with what I assume is vodka. Can monsters get drunk? I think about that as the monster stumbles and my hand fumbles for another bottle.

I grab another and as it shatters I swerve and run over the broken glass and liquor to the edge of the ship. Before I can dive off the edge another tentacle grips onto my leg and wrenches it almost out of my socket making me drop my sword onto the deck, all air leaves me as I hiss out in pain and dive over the side. The tentacle comes with me over the side and into the ocean and only tightens once we hit the water. Right Oceanus' creature, will get stronger in the ocean . I struggle and pant as the entire creature falls, making a giant splash as the wave parts around it. Tentacles go flailing and then go still, I have hope that the impact of a 20 foot fall into water had killed it, until a tentacle wraps around my middle, squeezing my breath free. It probably wants to drown me. I reach into my pocket over the tentacle and pull out riptide.

The cap floats around my head as the weight of my sword fills my hand and makes quick work of the tentacle keeping me from breathing and the one pinning my leg. A blurr of blood blurrs both our visions for a bit and in that haze I swim to the surface and scan the surrounding area for something to use, only seeing open sea for miles around. The boat to my back and a creature steadily rising in anger I use a bit of energy to propel myself back into the boat and run to the controls. I need to clear the ship of monsters so the mortals and not so mortals don't get hurt. I have no idea what any of these do. Random button pushing it is, one of them will start it. Of course the big black button next to the stearing wheel is start, I think as the engine humms to life.

As the boat steers steadily away and the creature has no way to get back up I walk out onto the deck and up the stairs to the bar, hoping to get a coke and some blue food die. Of course I run into a god on the way there. Not even just see them but LITERALLY run into them. As I come up the stairs and turn to walk to the bar I bump into a warm, solid body and almost get thrown backwards down the stairs, not something I'd like to do. The person though grabs me around the waist and turns me, as soon as ge does he spins me out. Apollo, I think as I recognize the blonde hair and muscular, tan build. He sees me and his eye twitches, frown forming on his forehead as he approaches me. I'm still unsteady on my feet so when he pins me down to a wall I don't fight still dazed and confused beyond belief.

"Will you ever take care of yourself?" He demands, more like growls as a golden glow spreads from where my wrists are trapped in his grip and heals all cuts and bruises along the way. I stare at him in confusion for a bit before looking at my arms and tensing, trying to struggle free of his grip "I asked you a question Perseus" he growls, grip tightening on my wrists "Will you ever take care of yourself?" He asks once again, this time I'm a bit less panicked and register the question, face and anger. Answer the question "I don't know what you mean Lord Apollo and it's Percy" I can't refrain from saying the last part by now, it's instinctual. Apollo gets right in my face, his heat radiating through his clothes and to me "Will you ever take care of yourself?" He asks, a confusing question to me.

"I don't know what you mean"
"Will you ever put your life beyond anothers?
"Will you ever not try to save everyone, even to the cost of your own life?"

I frown "It's my fatal flaw" I murmur softly, the grip on my wrists soften slightly "why are you here?" "I was summoned" "probably a trick" he scoffs, clearly still angry, though witn who I do not know. I glance at the side of the boat and the stairs, uneasy with the lull of no monsters. A breath right next to my ear startles me "monsters never attack gods" Apollo says, still not letting go of me. I huff out a forced laugh "you know, you're gonna give me the wrong impression here. Just because Annabeth left me doesn't mean I'm free game" I say, trying not to flinch at the mention of that and also trying to refrain from running.
Apollo raises an eyebrow, managing to look casual while PINING ME TO A WALL "Annabeth left you?" I nod, setting my jaw stubbornly against tears "Is that why you're being reckless?" He pushes and my eye twitches, too close to the truth there buddy. I scoff, trying to sound confident " I'm not reckless and even if I was, so what? I saved a family" I ask, ripping myself free from his grip and loosely eyeing the bottle vodka from the side. No not after Gabe. A body slams back into mine, more heated than before and definitely angrier "Are you suicidal?" He asks, growling and I shake my head, though I'm not going to deny I thought of ot "Don't lie Percy" he says, danger tone engaged. I snap "I may have tried, maybe not. Who would stop me? I declined IMMORTALITY for her. Nobody cares" I say, bitterly, the sting of betrayal still fresh.

The thing about loyalty as a fatal flaw; betrayal feels like a knife to the butt cause they didn't think you're worth stabbing in the back. Apollo growls and yup the grip on my wrists are back "I'm gonna ask you again. Are you suicidal?" He asks like a first second and third "slightly" I relecuntly give. The grip tightens slightly "Will you ever put your life before anothers'?" He asks, second question "no, never, it's my fatal flaw" I say bitterly. The grip loosens a fraction "Will you ever take care of yourself?" He asks, third question but this one with a harder answer. There's a tense pause "no, I never was good at that"

The grip tightens but a small grin appears on Apollo's face "I'll just have to make you" he says before crashing his lips against my own. At first I freeze and then slowly relax, falling into the kiss with relative ease. Not questioning my sexuality or anything, no. I can feel Apollo smirk against my lips and he places a slow, deliberate bite on my bottom lip. Nope not ready to go that far. "I'm not gonna be just another one night stand Apollo, if we're gonna do this then we do it right" I say, pulling away and tightening my jaw against the probability of another betrayal. Apollo laughs, right against my lips and whispers "we do this right" before kissing me slowly like a first kiss should be. Maybe I could give this a try