Chapter 26

tyler

Today is Prom.

It's so weird to think I'm almost done with high school. The fact that my senior prom is already here scares me so much.

I spent all of high school wanting to get out but now all I want is for everything to slow down.

I know that cannot happen so now I aspire to make the most of these last few weeks.

Asher will be picking me up as he received his licensee back last week.

He wanted to go all out with a limo but I finally convinced him it's totally unnecessary for just two people.

I have been getting ready all frick fracking day.

I am wearing this beautiful floor length dress that has a strapless black bodice with a jewel belt tight around my waist and it flows out into a mauve-light pink skirt.

I curled my long brown hair at the tips and for make up I did a rose gold ombré on the eyes a light pink lip.

For jewelry, I of course, wore the ring Asher gave me.

I put my phone, camera, gum, and lip gloss in a little black clutch.

*Ding dong*

And here he is.

I open the door and his mouth drops, as with mine.

He looked stunning in black dress pants, a plain white collar, a black tie, and a light pink rose in his pocket.

"You look absolutely, drop dead gorgeous," he gushes.

"You don't look quite than bad yourself," I blush.

He kisses me softly on the lips before sliding a matching rose corsage on my wrist.

"Picture time!" my mom exclaims, coming up behind us.

We laugh and go outside to stand in front of the door.

After taking many, many pictures I finally convince my mother we will miss prom if she keeps at it.

"After you, Ms. Bird," Asher says, opening the car door for me and bowing.

"Why thank you Mr. Smith," I laugh, and courtesy before getting inside.

He shuts the door and gets in on the other side.

"Is it weird?" I ask while we drive to the restaurant we're eating at before.

"Is what weird?" he asks back, taking one hand off the steering wheel and placing it on my thigh.

I smile at the gesture.

"You know, like is driving weird?"

"Of course it is. But so is everything else," he laughs.

"True."

We finish our meal at the restaurant and drive to the venue where prom is being held.

We arrive a few minutes late but that's fine so now we don't have to wait in such a long line.

The theme for this year's dance is Under the Stars. I know, very cliché.

But, as used as it is, it's a popular theme for a reason. It's perfect, it makes everything classy and not so strict on everything.

As we walked in I could tell a lot of work was put in. It was absolutely beautiful.

The whole venue seemed to sparkle. You'd think it would be dark but the room was lit with all the different light assortments.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" I ask giddily.

asher

We walk in to the dance and it's beautiful.

However, nothing can beat the girl holding my hand.

Tyler looks incredible. Plus, seeing her smile all night is better than the stars in the sky. Or I guess the ones hanging from the ceiling currently.

She pulls me to the dance floor straight away. We dance for awhile to the songs the DJ plays.

Finally! Some good music at a high school dance! It only took them four years.

"Hey, let's go to the photo booth," I speak into her ear over the noise.

She nods and we walk over. There's an option for professional ones and the normal photo booth.

We take some with the pretty background and photographer before heading to the booth.

I laugh thinking of the last dance and the photo booth. I was so mad Tyler only kissed me on the cheek that night.

We sit down and take the first two pictures of the strip, one funny and one smiling.

For the last one I pull her head towards mine and kiss her.

We go on way longer than the photo takes and stop when some angry couples start telling us to get out.

Tyler pulls back and blushes and I laugh and shake my head.

We get out, grab our strip, and finish the night just dancing and eating the food supplied for us.

We head back to my place and Tyler stays over because she didn't want to wake her mom since she had to work early in the morning and it was late.

She changes into her pajamas and gets ready for bed before sliding under the covers next to me.

"Tonight was amazing," she smiles.

I stroke her cheek with one hand resting my other under my head.

"You're amazing," I whisper.

She leans in and pecks my lips.

"I love you."

"I love you, too. So, so, so much."

I turn off the light and she cuddles into my chest.

I wrap my arm around her small frame, wishing to savor this moment forever.

A/N: vote and comment!

sincerely,
kl.