Second

"I feel like I'm going to loose my mind." I tell Wilson as he holds my hand. We are waiting to see who won nationals in the female solo category. Duets is next and I'm am nervous but I know I did my best.

"In third place for the female solo round ages 15-18 is Brianna Strike." She rushes up to claim her third place trophy and I'm so happy for her. Wilson squeezes my hand tighter.

"In second place for the female solo round ages 15-18 is Grace Andrews." I stand up and rush to claim my trophy. I'm not going to lie and say I'm not let down but I'm happy with second. I mean at least I placed.

"And the winner of the Sunshine national female solo round ages 15-18 is Nivea Andrews!" I scream and jump up and down. I give my trophy to Brianna to hold. Vea rushes over to me and I catch her spinning around and around.

"I told you that you did amazing!" I whisper as she holds me tightly. She lets go to go and get her trophy. She holds it up and I feel so proud of my little sister. I'm glad I lost to her.

Next they announce the male solo category. Justin places third, Wilson second and some random guy from a different dance school places first. I am so proud of Wilson.

"Grace!" Nivea calls me over.

"What's up?" I look at the lady and her camera team talking to Nivea.

"They want to interview us! Is that okay with you?" She asks me.

"Of course." The start a count down and the lady looks at the camera.

"I am here at the Sunshine National dancing Competition sponsored by Way Hair Care with Nivea and Grace Andrews. Both girls have many national wins under their belts. Grace having won 2 in the 15-18 category, 2 in the 11-14 category and 2 in the 7-10 category winning her first national title at the age of 9. Nivea having 3 in the 11-14 category her first when she was 12 and her 1st this year in the 15-18 category at the age of 15." She tells the camera. "Can you girls tell us how do you do it?" She points her microphone at us.

"For me I started dancing at the age of 3 and fell in love with it. Dancing is in both of our DNA and when Nivea was old enough she joined dance as well. I would love trying to teach Nivea harder dance moves to improve her skills as well as test where she was at and as we got older Nivea actually trained under me. We both love the sport so much." I smile at the lady.

"Grace I hear you recently moved schools and now have a duet partner who is a different person than your boyfriend. Is it hard juggling both of them?"

"Yes and no. Wilson is a dancer so he understands that we need the practice often but we still go out almost every weekend." I force a smile not wanting to talk any more about my personal life.

"How did you feel when you name was called for second place?" She asks me.

"I was a little sad but I was still happy I placed." I tell her honestly.

"What about you Nivea what was going through your mind when your name was called for 1st place?"

"Unreal. The feeling is so hard to describe unless you have lived it." She tells the lady.

"What about you Grace what was you thought process when Nivea placed first over you?" She asked with a sparkle in her eye. She wanted to get a raise out of me.