Chapter 1-That's My Booth

'Ahh, the sweet smell of heaven...I mean coffee.' Kasidee thought as she entered Angel's Cafe. The cafe was her safe haven. She went up to the counter and ordered a usual. Which was a pink-frosted cupcake and a cinnamon latte with extra whipped cream. Very sweet, like her. Kasidee was told her order would up in 5 minutes, so she turned around to sit at her usual booth. The one with the lavender seats right by the window, and had a beige table. It was beautiful.

When Kasidee turned around to go to her table, she saw it was already occupied. No one sat there from 7-10 in the morning on weekends, knowing Kasidee wanted to sit there. So, why were these two gentlemen sitting across from each other in the lavender booth at 9 in the morning. Kasidee saw that the one with brown hair had a camera, though he wasn't using it. It sat in his hand, as he waved the other one around as he talked. He was very soft-spoken, and the black haired boy listened intently, nodding every few sentences. 'Well, maybe I can sit with them.' She thought as she approached the brunette.

"Um, hello?" Kasidee spoke up to the boy, who looked up and smiled mid-sentence. His eyes sparkled as he looked at her, gulped, and responded, "Yes?" She then grinned and explained how she sat there everyday and wanted to sit with them, if they were okay with that.

"Sure, why not? I'm Phil! He's Dan." The black haired boy said. Dan blushed, and looked away, mumbling, "Yep, that's me...I guess." The worker called for 'Demon Kitten,' and Kasidee turned around to get her order. When she came back Dan looked more confident and smiled at Kasidee.

"So, 'Demon Kitten,' do you have a proper name?" Dan smirked, scooting over so she could sit beside him. Kasidee laughed as she sat down, and responded, "My name's Kasidee. It's spelled weird too, instead of C-A-S-S-I-D-Y, it's K-A-S-I-D-E-E. My mom is weird, I know." Dan looked at her order, and grinned.

"Sweet order for a sweet girl, I presume." He said while holding up the camera, and pressing the record button. "Phil, what do you think of the coffee here?" Dan asked Phil, pointing the camera to Phil. Phil grinned, and put two thumbs up. Kasidee smiled at this reaction, and piped in, "Thanks for that, Phil, I'll be sure to tell the manager that Angel's Cafe is," Kasidee held up two thumbs and smiled. This caused Dan to focus the camera on her, and she blushed. "Um, hello. I'm Kasidee." She said as she took a bite of her cupcake. Dan turned the camera to himself, and said, "This is our new friend, Kasidee, guys! Say hello in the comments below! Hey that rhymed." Dan turned the camera off, and told Kasidee about their YouTube channels. 'Cool.' She thought as she sipped her coffee. Dan looked at her and started laughing. "What?" Kasidee asked, looking shocked. Dan took a napkin, and wiped her upper lip, which was covered in whipped cream. Kasidee giggled, as Phil said, "Oh my gosh, guys, stop flirting. PDA alert, jeez." This caused both Kasidee and Dan to laugh.

"Well, we're going to go home now. Need to upload this video and such. C'mon Dan." Phil said, sliding out of the booth. Kasidee got out of the booth to let Dan out. Dan handed the video camera to Phil and said, "Be right out, hold on." Phil went outside, and got on his phone. Dan turned to Kasidee, and said," Do you have a phone?" "Yeah." Kasidee responded, pulling out her android phone. Dan put his contact in it, and labeled it 'Danmeister.' Kasidee put her contact in Dan's phone under, 'Demon Kitten.'

"Well, bye I guess." Dan said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, it was nice to meet you, Dan." Kasidee said, waving as he went out the door to meet Phil. As soon as he left her eyesight, her phone buzzed. She opened her messages and saw a message from Dan.

Danmeister: Hey! It was really nice to meet you, and I was wondering if you wanna meet me in the the lavender booth tomorrow around this same time?

Demon Kitten: Sure! ^-^

'Boy, he's nice. Do you think he likes me? He is cute, really cute.' Kasidee thought as she blushed thinking about his sparkling eyes. She sipped her coffee and ate her cupcake until she had to go home to make it to her college tutoring meeting, then to work at Angel's Cafe until 3. She had aced the job at her safe haven. She was living at the tip of her happiness. Or so she thought...

A/N: The outfit above is what Kasidee wore that day.