Last Breath Pt.1

Blond locks flowing freely, carefree laughter spread in the air like wildfire to the woods. Kids love the playground, kids love candy and sunshine. They love it all. Truth be told- if a kid sees Ice cream, they'd probably follow it. They are naïve and happily accept it- because in all truth, those who are naïve smile the most. Those who ignore the reality of things, seem to always be in the light, even if the world around them is burning down.

At least that's what Naruto Uzumaki thinks.

▲▲▲

NARUTO UZUAMKI.

Born to a poor family who barely had enough to eat every night. They would sometimes have to steal, it was necessary to live this way. The way Naruto would watch his pregnant mother starve herself to feed him, slowly but surely killed him inside out. He would steal and bring the food to her once he hit 10 years old. She begged him to stop- that he'd one day get caught by the police and she wouldn't have the power to save him from his dreadful fate.

Naruto of course didn't heed to her warnings.

▲▲▲

Kushina, his mother- was a single mother. Her husband died soon after she gave birth, he had died in war. He was known as Minato Namikaze, and looked almost if not identical to his son Naruto. The same sunny blond hair that would spontaneously pop around his head, similar if not more vibrant azure eyes that almost seemed to wash you into some hypnotic spell. The perfect white boy.

Naruto had decided his last name was Uzumaki from the day he had turned 7. He told Kushina that her last name was perfect, and that he wanted it more than Namikaze- although she protested, deep inside she was blooming with joy.

Now Naruto was around the age of 15, and was accustomed to stealing for his mother. Kushina had lost her baby after 7 months of pregnancy, and had cried for at least a good two weeks straight. Afterwards she refused any food from Naruto at all, and begged him to just let her die, he had also cried. He cried because his mother was all he had, and he cried because he too felt like dying.

▲▲▲

October 4

"I'll be back late- don't stay up waiting 'kay?"

Naruto had a worn out orange bag on his shoulder, he turned to face his mother who sat on an old couch across the front door. She looked up from her old magazine, the one Naruto had bought her on her birthday, and shrugged nonchalantly.

"Don't get caught boy- if you do, lord knows what I'll do to those poor police men. Got that?" She unconsciously clenched her magazine, almost sounding threatening, but feeling more overprotective than threatening. He smiled weakly at her reply and decided to leave it at that, he didn't want to upset his mother- lord knew her inhumane strength was both a blessing and a curse at times.

He locked the door and made his way towards the richer, wealthier side of town. That's where he'd get more herbs for his mother, and maybe if he's lucky, dinner. He knew it was a long shot, especially since he's only stolen from nearby market men, but for his mother he was willing to travel the earth and back. Not to mention, with all the energy he has- he'd probably still have enough energy to make two more trips.

As he approached a wealthy looking property, he cursed the government for making him do these things for food. He hated causing other people pain, but if it meant his mother's happiness and health, he'd gladly rob a bank.

Putting that aside, he neared a large back garden- it was free of fences, and surprisingly empty. Who'd leave such a large garden unprotected? Why they'd leave it alone was beyond Naruto's knowledge, but at the moment all he had to do was reach the far left corner of the garden and collect the herbs he needed. Luckily this garden had it all, from fruits and roses, to herbs and vegetables- it could've been Adam and Eve's garden for all he knew!