Chapter 2-Bundled Up Sorrow

Chiaki Nanami's POV-

Welcoming Party. Party.

I hate that word with all my heart. I would rather spend an entire day learning any subject with the worst teacher in the entire planet, Monokuma. Okay he isn't that bad but still he annoys me.

A week and a half had passed since Monokuma had the annoucment. Ever since then my classmates wanted nothing more than to throw the new student a party. I have nothing against welcoming parties. I personally think its a great way to welcome someone into your life. With that being said, I do have one small concern. I will happily help decorate and set up everything but its just attending them that makes me have second thoughts.

'Hopefully I"ll get sick that day and will be able to skip out on all the awkwardness.' I thought to myself as I made my way to study hall.

"C-Chiaki!"

I turned my head and found a good friend of mine, Mikan Tsumiki running to catch up with me. I stopped walking, to turn myself around and adjusted the straps of my bunny-shaped backpack. "Hey Mikan, nice to see you."

"I-I wanted to walk to s-study hall w-with you. I-If you d-don't mind." Mikan mumbled as she fiddled with her hands.

"I don't mind at all." I gave her a small smile before turning back around. The two of us started ascending up the spiral staircase.

"A-Are you g-going to a-attend t-the welcoming p-party for the n-new student?" Mikan rubbed her arm and looked down to avoid my gaze.

I didn't want to attend it honestly. Like I said, I have nothing against the new kid, its the fact I have to talk to others which will surley help my social anxiety.

"I may have some plans that day." By plans I mean staying in my room with all the lights turned off playing video games. "But don't worry I"ll try my best to attend."

"I-I hope y-you c-can be a-able to a-attend it!" She held open the classroom door for me, and I walked in.

"Yeah, me too," I lied.

Later that day I entered the cafeteria staring at the familiar faces of my classmates. I was running a little late than usual because of a test I had to finish. Due to that, there weren't many open seats available.

"Just my luck." I sighed and walked over to the lunch line, standing behind an extremely muscular guy, Nekomaru Nidai.

Even though us students have the liberty to cook our own lunches in the school's kitchen, most of us are too lazy too. So we settle for the premade ones. Teruteru on the other hand doesn't mind. He can usually be seen cooking various meals for himself and sometimes for others in there.

"Hey Chiaki! How's your day going?" Nekomaru beamed at me showing off his blindingly white teeth.

"Hey. It's going go-"

"NEKOMARU!" A girl Akane walked in front of me, bumping me out of the way with her hip. I stumbled to the side but caught my balance by placing my hands out to my sides.

'Of course she did that, because she knows I wouldn't say anything to her. Don't forget how she thinks everyone is trying to steal Nekomaru from her. Honestly I didn't mind, she can have Nekomaru for as long as she wants.'