Chapter 5 - Hogs-what?

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THIS CHARACTER APART FROM SELENE DELUNA, THE REST BELONG, SADLY, TO JK ROWLING

Chapter 5 - Hogs-what?

Sunlight drifted through the un-shut curtains, stirring me from my exhausted sleep. The dorm room was eerily silent, and the sun a little too strong.

"Lily, what's the time." I mumbled, brushing my messed up hair, out of my eyes. Silence responded.

"Lily." I mumbled a bit louder this time, swinging my legs over the side of my bed, and looking at my sleeping friend. Or I would have done, had she been there.

'Strange...'I thought, shrugging on a tight fitting black t-shirt, and worn out denim jeans. In the distance, the school clock chimed, sending a flock of owls, startled into the air.

"Eleven..." I counted the rings, shoving a toothbrush in my mouth, and pulling a comb through my tangled hair.

"Eleven..." In my sleep deprived mind, it took a while for the time to sink in. I pulled on my well-used black converse, and headed towards the door.

"Eleven!" The penny dropped. I'd slept till eleven!

"Lily! Why didn't you wake me!" I shouted, running into the common room. "I missed breakfast and I-"

"Relax. You were tired, so I let you sleep in." She stated, placing a chocolate chip muffin in my hand. "Breakfast."

"Oh." I slumped into the seat nearest the fire, and took a bite out of the delicious muffin. Remus shifting uncomfortably on the sofa opposite me, caught my attention.

"Morning Selene." Remus smiled tiredly, waiting for the barrage of shouting he was about to behold.

"Remus J Lupin!" I shouted, storming over to him.

"Where have you been?!" He looked shocked at my anger, but also amused by how much I sounded like his mother.

"Uh...nowhere?" He mumbled, not taking his eyes from mine.

"Not Nowhere! I stayed up untill four in the morning waiting for you! What on earth were you do-" I froze as his appearance finally registered in my groggy mind.

His dirty blonde hair stuck damply to his chalky-white forhead. The bags under his eyes had darkened, making them look withdrawn and hollow. Scratches littered his face and forearms, and his eyes were full of pain and exhaustion.

"What happened?" I breathed, coming to rest on the seat beside him. I went to run a hand down his face when he hissed with pain, so I retracted it.

"Remus, what happened to you?" He looked worried, and was obviously about to lie.

"What this?" He gestured to his face. I nodded, placing my hand ontop of his reassuringly. "Oh...it's nothing...I just fell over..." He mumbled. I raised an eyebrow sceptically at his excuse.

"Right..." I sighed. "I'm not gonna press you for the truth, but I do hope that you at least went to the hospital wing?" He shook his head.

"What?! Remus! You're bleeding!" He sighed, and smiled a weary and comforting smile.

"Selene, I'm fine. Honestly. Anyway, I don't want to be cooped up in the hospital. Especially on the day of our first visit to Hogsmeade!" He exclaimed, his eyes bubbling with excitement.

"Hogs-what?"

"Hogsmeade?" He raised an eyebrow at me. "Surely your Uncle told you about our visits to Hogsmeade?" I shook my head.

"Does that mean that you don't have a permission slip?" Sirius asked from behind us. I rolled my eyes at him.

"No, I have a permission slip for something I didn't know existed until a minute ago! Of course not!"