Chapter 6 - Albino Freak

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THIS CHARACTER APART FROM SELENE DELUNA, THE REST BELONG, SADLY, TO JK ROWLING

Chapter 6 - Albino Freak

Selene's POV

"Isn't this more of a... date place?" Remus asked, as we stood outside Madame Puddifoot's Tea Shop.

After being in Hogsmeade for about an hour, we had decided to stop for lunch, due to my stomach complaining in the middle of Tomes and Scrolls, causing the whole of the shop's inhabitants to stop reading and glare at me.

The warm and cosy interior of the whitewashed shop looked inviting, compared to the nipping cold of the late-September weather.

I shrugged in response.

"So?"

"Well...won't people think that we're...you know...together?" He chewed his lip nervously.

"Would you have a problem with that?" I raised an eyebrow, causing him to chuckle, and shake his head. He smiled sheepishly and went to hold the door open for me.

"After you." I grinned at him, before entering the homely room, the scent of tea-leaves and cakes making my stomach rumble.

We settled at the table, nearest the window, and ordered a pot of tea, and two slices of Victoria sponge.

I sighed contentedly, and sank back in the plush, overly luxurious chair, and smiled at Remus. He smiled wearily back, his scratches still standing out against his smooth, pale skin.

I took a slow sip of my scolding-hot cup of tea, my mind going over the events of yesterday. The teacup rested gently on my lap, as I gazed dreamily over Remus' shoulder, thinking about how I'd finally got the courage to kiss Severus, and completely ignoring the fact that it wasn't as wonderful as I'd hoped.

Remus swivelled his head round, looking between where my gaze lay, and myself.

"What are you looking at?" He asked, turning to look at the flat, stone wall behind him.

"Huh?" I quickly snapped out of my daydream. "Oh...nothing." I grinned sheepishly, before downing the dregs of my teacup, placing a galleon on the table, and standing up to leave.

"Are you coming?" He blinked, a couple of times, before rising from his seat, and placing his half of the money beside my galleon.

I held his hand in mine, as we left the teashop, 'as an effort to keep my hands warm' I told myself, 'it's only being friendly....' But secretly, I was loving the feeling of his skin on mine, the sparks that jumped between us making me smile.

I turned to look at my best friend, only to catch him quickly looking away, as though...he'd been staring at me.

I furrowed my brow slightly, as I gazed over the deep slices on his face, a pout forming on my lips.

"Remus." I stopped him in his tracks, and turned him to face me.

"Selene?" I couldn't help but smile at the innocent look on his battered features.

"What...what happened to you? Please Remus, I want to help you..." He sighed, and looked down at his feet.

"Nothing happened Selene. It's like I told you, I just fell over." I frowned, and held my fingers up to the biggest cut across his cheek, wincing at the pain he must feel.

"That's not the kind of injury you get form falling over. Please, just tell me what really happened." He paused for a minute, mulling over what to tell me. "Don't even think about lying to me Remus." I warned, removing my hand from his face, which he met with a slight, almost unnoticeable frown.