Epilogue

Arisa pov:

"Excellent work as always, Arisa!" I stepped forward to keep my balance as I was given a hard pat on my back from Lt. Havoc. "With your new partner, you've become even better at trapping the bad guys! Great work, William!"

Envy scoffed, looking away annoyed but with a small blush as everyone celebrated us catching a group of ten rogue, ex-military personnel. Apparently, they had been debarred from their posts because of illegal transactions in the military and they were taking out their anger by stealing confidential military records from the Central Library. No matter how sneaky they were, they couldn't get away from me, Leo and Envy. The three of us as a team were unbeatable.

"Thank you, Lieutenant. Now if you'll excuse us, we have to catch a train to Risembool. We have to be there before dinner," I said, setting some strands of my hair right. He stared curiously for a minute before grinning.

"Oh, yeah! You're the birthday girl today! Many returns of the day! Finally turning 18 huh? And it's good to see you're growing taller too!" he eased while patting me on the head and messing up my hair. I only laughed and pushed his hand away before setting my hair properly again.

"Thank you for the wishes, Lt. Havoc. Please give my regards to the Colonel and the others. Well, we'll be taking our leave now and we'll see you in a week." I have a haste bow and he waved to us as we left the office and headed to the train station.

"Heh! Why do I have to be called by that name that b****** gave me when I was human?" Envy complained when we were out of earshot.

"C'mon, Envy, surely you don't think that I can introduce you with Envy as your name. You were the one who refused to have any other human name I suggested so it's only fair if you use your real name at least."

"It's still annoying," he muttered making me deadpan. With a shake of my head, I sighed, knowing there was no point in arguing with him on this matter. He never agreed with me anyway.

It was soon that we reached the train station. We had agreed to join Edward, Alphonse, Winry and even Saul for a dinner party tonight. Of course, it was for me since it's my birthday today, organized on the insistence of all four of them. I was finally eighteen and, as Lt. Havoc had been so kind to mention, had grown a few inches in the past six months. Envy too grew taller by the day because he was a human now, nineteen years of age. Ed had had a growth spurt too, no longer stunted by his automail, and now he took a lot of satisfaction in calling Envy a pipsqueak – Ed was probably about two inches taller than Envy now and their bickering was mostly hilarious.

Well, it was a good thing that everyone was healthy now.

Ed gave up his title of Fullmetal and decided to live in Risembool. The only reason he had joined the military was to research on ways to get his and Al's bodies back. Since that was taken care of now, they didn't want to be involved in anything dangerous or worrisome for Winry and Aunt Pinako again. They started their own business in research to improve technology here and I occasionally gave them hints here and there for new discoveries.

Well, new discoveries in this world anyway.

I had settled things with Saul too after I returned to the military. He was disappointed seeing me with Envy but was also happy for me. He apologized for everything that he had done and we remained on friendly terms. I still found it a little weird being around him, but I had got used to it.

Envy, Leo and I stepped into the train and made our way to our seats. Just as expected, a luxury compartment in the train had been booked for the three of us. Ever since the incident of the Red Water spread all over, I became even more famous than before. As a result, the Fuhrer himself ordered for me to have luxury during travel and missions. Hotels or inns, food and seats for any travel were given with full luxury even though most of the time I refused them. I liked the rugged life, luxury wasn't really my thing.