Chapter 2 - Insomnia and texting

Quick A/N. The picture above is how I see Luci in this story. I couldn't find a good picture of a young Mark Pellegrino so I got a random picture of a quite good looking guy.
Enjoy!
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~     Lucifer woke up a few hours later, slowly sitting up on his bed and rubbing his eyes to get used to the darkness in the room. His roommate, Sam, was still sound asleep. "Thank god." Lucifer thought to himself and reached for his phone, that had fallen onto the floor along with his headphones. He turned off the music that was still playing and checked the clock. "Great. Three hours of sleep.." He sighed and rolled his eyes, getting of off his bed. Lucifer grabbed a t-shirt and put it on as he quietly walked out from their shared room and into the corridor. He leaned against the wall, closing his eyes, holding onto his phone and headphones, taking deep breaths. He sighed and looked around, sliding down the wall, sitting on the floor right beside his room where he should be sleeping.
Sometimes he enjoyed the quiet, just sitting in silence. But other times it was a living hell. It all depended on his thoughts, if they decided to torture him some more or if they finally let him have some peace. Often, almost always, it was the first option; torture.
Lucifer took another deep breath of the slightly colder air and blinked, leaning his head back against the wall, deciding that the best thing to do was to think about something else; to distract himself.

Lucifer: Hey, are you up?
He sent a text to the only person he knew would be awake at this ungodly hour, not that he had so many people in his phone book.

Carter:   Yeah, I'm up. It's three in the morning, why are you even awake at this hour?

The reply came in within minutes after he sent his first text. Indicating that he couldn't sleep either. It would take some time getting used to not having somebody sleeping right beside you all the time, but it will work.

Lucifer: I just woke up and I'm not feeling that tired. Anyways, why are you awake? Don't you have work tomorrow, well, in a couple of hours?

Carter: Yes I am going to work this morning, in four hours. Got the morning rounds. I am not feeling tired, at all.

Lucifer: Yay, you're finally going back to work! Tell Benton I said Hi.

Carter: I will, I actually think he missed you. So, you don't think it's too early to go back?

Lucifer: Nah, it's not too early. Just take it easy and if Benton or anyone else says you should sit down or slow down, then you are going to do so.

Carter: Yeah yeah.. Now, enough about me, how is the roommate?

Lucifer: He's alright, his name is Sam. I think he likes me. If he doesn't, well, he didn't show it.

Carter: That's good, I guess? What's his surname?

Lucifer: Winchester.

Carter: Hey, look! You both have weird surnames! Winchester and Alighieri.

Lucifer: Oh, shut up.. On a completely different note, what are you doing?

Carter: Oi, rude. Me? I'm laying on my bedroom floor, texting you, listening to music, petting the dogs. What about you?

Lucifer: Sitting in the corridor, texting you, wishing I had a dog to pet. What are you listening to?

Carter: Everything. No, not quite. But some of my own songs, Panic! At The Disco, and Twenty One Pilots. Thanks by the way..

Lucifer: Ah, I knew you'd like them. You are very much welcome.

After that they just texted about everything and anything under the sun, just whatever popped into their minds.

Lucifer: So... It's five o'clock.. You should get ready for work and I'm going to go for a run.

Carter: Fine, you're right. Have fun, my Morningstar.

Lucifer: I am always right. Take care, Johnny Boy, I'll talk to you later.

Lucifer smiled and got up, actually feeling better. He walked into the dark room again, quietly making his way over to his closet, changing into a pair of black shorts and a grey t-shirt, with a red Canadian maple leaf printed on it. He made his bed and grabbed his iPod, leaving his phone behind, and walking out; once again quietly.
Lucifer breathed in the fresh air outside, looking around. The park was right ahead, not that many people, just a few making the walk of shame. He chuckled softly and smiled, putting on his running playlist. Fake you out by Twenty One Pilots blasted in his headphones as he started to jog across the street then over to the park.
It was pretty big, some benches here and there, a lot of trees and bushes and other plants, a couple of ponds with ducks. It was beautiful, peaceful.
An hour or so later he got back to the dorm, having mapped out some of the campus. He walked up the stairs, looking over himself before going into their shared room. His shirt was dark grey now from sweat, he lowered the volume and walker inside, running a hand through his damp hair.
"Morning." Lucifer mumbled as he took off his shoes, looking over at Sam, who was sitting at his desk, typing away on something.
"Good morning." Sam said, turning around to look at Nick. Sam eyed him up and down, smiling, a light blush visible on his cheeks; hoping to god that Nick wouldn't notice. Which he of course did. "Do you always go running at this hour?" He added and shifted in his seat before turning back to his laptop.
"Yes, most of the time. I'm somewhat of a workaholic.." Lucifer shrugged and got some clean clothes from his closet, smiling. "I'm gonna take a shower.." He mumbled and yawned, running a hand though his hair again.
"Alright.." Sam let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when Nick had closed and locked the bathroom door.
Lucifer put his clothes on counter beside the sink, turning on the water in the shower, waiting for it to get warm. He took off his clothes and sighed, giving himself a quick look in the mirror before stepping into the shower.
He stood there for a a while, just letting the water run over his body, taking the sweat with it as it went down the drain. He wished that his violent thoughts could go down with the water and his sweat.
But in life, you never get what you want.