01. Small steps

"Okay, Jim can you play again that last part? The one just after the last chorus"

He smiles and nods.

"Perfect! 3, 2, 1, and go!"

You just sat in the chair with your head looking up to the ceiling and your eyes closed. Listening to Jim playing the same part for the third time, and this time he's nailed it.

"How was it? I felt like this one is the good one" he said smiling proudly at you.

"It's the one Jim" you said laughing "Finally! Don't you think so guys?"

The rest of the group just laughed, and teased him a little bit while you saved the recording. Jim got out the room, you high fived and smiled him. He chuckled and continue talking with the rest of the group. You were just working while they sat on the comfortable sofa that was just in front your mix table, talking and laughing about the new album and the tour.

"Hey P! We're going to our bar, want to come? We have to celebrate this!"

"The album isn't done yet guys, you all know it. There're a lot of things that we have to polish and we have to mix this last parts an--"

"Okay, okay! We know it P, but come on! Just one beer, you know you want to. If we are all tired we can't imagine how you must be feeling..."

"And that is the reason why Paul has a girlfriend and the rest don't" you said laughing.

They all rolled their eyes and Paul smiled proudly.

"Okay, I'll go but please not like last time. I don't want to call Tom again because his husband can't tolerate three shots and two beers." you said looking at Jim with a teasing tone.

They all laughed and started to get up from the sofa, while you made sure everything was recorded and saved again just in case. You don't want to lose it all, again. We went outside the building and just started walking. Talking and laughing with them was really easy, they made you feel like you were part of the group (even though you knew you weren't). They were great kids, and you wished with all your heart that their new album would make them go big. They deserved it.

After a while we reached the bar, normally it would take us like thirty minutes to reach there but today it seemed like five. Time flies when you're having fun. We made our way in and greeted Sam, the owner and one of bartender of the place. He smiled and laughed when we got in.

"I heard you laughing before you even crossed the street guys." he said smiling, when suddenly he looked at you "oh! I see you brought again the lovely P! How are you sweetheart? Are they behaving themselves?"

"Hey Sam! Yeah, they're not as bad as they think." you said smiling "How are the girls?"

"They're great, if I knew you were coming I would have told them! They love you P, also thank you so much on helping Greta with that music homework while I was working. You saved me."

"Don't worry! There are amazing girls, and Greta is really intelligent it was really easy to teach her. You should be proud of her, well of both of them" you said smiling to Sam "Anyway, I'm going back to the guys. They want to celebrate the 'end' of the recording sessions."

"Great then! I hope to see you around here then."

You just smiled and started searching for the guys, it wasn't really difficult they were in the same spot of always. 'The perfect spot' they like to call it, just near the bathrooms but between the bar and the darts. They're strange, but lovely. They saw you, pushed a chair near the table so you could join them and gave you a beer.

"Sam really loves you P! And you've only been here three times, I haven't seen him liking someone that quickly since Thomas." said Jim.

They all hummed and nodded. You just shrugged and sipped some beer.

"Don't do that P, we are here to celebrate! Let's do some shoots!" shouted Paul.

"P and I will go and get them." said Jim, while he just dragged me to the bar.

After telling Sam what we wanted we just waited in silence.

"We all love you P, you know that, don't you?" whispered Jim.

You didn't say anything, you just looked at the door and nodded. Jim sighted.

"We really do, that's why Sam likes you so much. He doesn't let anyone talk to his kids, and you taught one of them music a few days ago."

"I just, I don't know Jim. I don't know what will happen after the album is all done." you said smiling sadly.

"What's going to happen is that you will go to our celebration party, we'll introduce you to our good friends, they'll love you, and we'll all continue to hang out. This is not the end P, I just want you know it." he said giving you a wink, taking some of the shots and started going to the table

"Okay... Just don't forget about me, please." you said while getting the rest of the shots and following him.

He suddenly stopped, turned and looked into my eyes.

"Never. We'll never forget about you."

He said it so serious that my eyes started to water, when he notice it he smiled gently and kissed your head.

"Let's go and give this alcoholic their shots before they kill us, okay?"

You looked at him smiling and nodded. When we reach the table, we all drank our shots and everyone made it seem as they didn't know that something was going on. But they knew it. They knew what it was, and they knew that Jim was the only one capable to make me talk and tell my piece of mind. So they knew that my crystallized eyes where a good thing.

It wasn't until that night that you realized how much they knew you and cared about you. Maybe they didn't know your favorite color or food. But they knew you as a person, and that was something you wouldn't change for anything on the whole world.

A/N:

Hey guys!

I've realized that there aren't that many The Maine Fancfics and decided to do one!

Please share your opinion & vote!

Love you! Hope you enjoy it!