The Diner Dash

Here we sat, Vi continued to fix her hair as I tapped away on a level of a game on my phone. I could see her look up every time someone new walked in, every time the little bell tolled to let us know someone else had arrived, I was beginning to think he wasn't going to show, part of me didn't want to see the outcome of what would happen if he didn't.

 Sitting here was beginning to get boring and I didn't plan on waiting, rude or not, I ordered my usual of a grease bacon burger with extra fries on the side. I sat there, sipping my drink before I had decided this was the last time to lose the level, locking my phone and setting it down on the table before looking towards the door, noticing no one was walking through. I watched Vi check her phone for the umpteenth time this evening, no text, no call, nothing.

"Why don't you text him and see where he is?" I spoke before handing my cup to the waitress for a refill, I thanked her with a nod before taking a sip and setting it back down. "He's only ten minutes late...you know how traffic can be sometimes."

 I shook my head, in this world; early is on time, on time is late and late is dead. But he didn't know about this world, and if Vi was with him then that means that he must be somewhat likeable. I let her wait a few more moments, not even bothering to look up with her at the door. When Vi left the table she looked up suddenly, hand reaching for the piece she kept on the side of her purse. She removed her hand as Vi was talking to someone and the person hugged her, she pulled away and led him back to the table with a look that just screamed 'Behave!'

I stood up myself, sticking my hand out with a warm smile on my lips. "Hello, Greyson right?" He nodded before looking to Vi then back to me, "Camilla right?" I nodded and sat down in the middle of my side of the booth, looking over at the two people before me.

 "I'm sorry about being late, but it's kind of hard to find this place. I've never even heard of it before now, what's good here?" He spoke while slipping off his brown leather jacket, I noticed he had somewhat nice taste. So Vi picked someone who was a nice dresser, he's got that for him.

"So Greyson, Vi here tells me that you're an architect. How is that going? I hear they're putting up a new hospital.....St. Vincen's wasn't it?" I questioned, already knowing the answer, as I sipped my Dr.Pepper in excitement.

 He nodded, smiling at me as he spoke. "Yeah, my company is at the top spot for bids with blueprints, if we get this deal....it'll be huge for us." I nodded at his words, continuing with my onslaught of questions.

                                                                                            Vi's POV

I watched as Camilla went through her overprotective-friend monologue, asking Greyson why he was with me? What does he expect in the long run, how long has he lived here, if he had a record? And so on and so on. Majority of her questions she knew the answer too, but I knew she was just making sure he wasn't a liar and wasn't going to play me, but I also did some research on him.

 I knew he had a brother, that both of his parents lived on Staten Island, that he was big into family, that he was top of his class all across the board. He was voted most likely to succeed, and he had only gotten a ticket once and that was because he was driving his aunt to the hopsital to give birth. He was perfect on paper and off, now if only we could get Camilla to see and understand this.

                                                                                         Greyson's POV

"My favorite color is red, I like chicken very much. I enjoy spending my down time reading any fiction that seems to be the new thing, or going for a walk in the park. I have an apartment that I share with my brother." I watched as Camilla nodded, the tension from her body seeming to wash away when I finished speaking. She leaned back in her seat, slinging her arm over the back of the booth with a smile.