Recovery

This was the day, the day I finally get to go for a walk. I had been locked in the God forsaken house for a week now and I was bored, I had already rearranged everything in my room, by that I mean dad moved things and I pointed with the help of my mother.

I had already read over the important notes from our meeting earlier in the week, but other than that I had been under surveillance since the moment the release papers were signed. Even Uncle Andy wouldn't help me out of this one, Vi was put under lockdown and had been staying with me for the past few days. I could tell that her not being able to see Greyson wasn't great, her phone wasn't being watched but there is only so much to do over Skype before one even gets bored of that.

We walked down the street of Chicago, turning to go to HQ, my eyes trailing over the moss on the side of the building. I almost teared up seeing the rusty and dusty old building, smiling when I ran across the road and into the double doors. I paused to receive the weird stares of my co-workers, waving to people before walking to my desk and sitting down gently.

"Oh it's good to be home," I mumbled to myself while my fingers ran over the leather of my chair.

"Well don't get used to it kiddo, I hear you aren't going to be there for long." I look to the owner of the harsh voice, glaring daggers at the older gentlemen with files in his hands.

"Oh really, and where would I be going, Johnny?" He shrugged and pointed to the renovation white walls, smirking at my stunned expression.

That was just it about him, it seemed no matter how he talked he seemed to speak in a rude and angered tone. I had learned to shrug it off, it's when he's nice you should be worried. I followed him before leaning back in my chair and closing my eyes, breathing in the beautiful stuffy air that was my little corner of heaven.

The loud thud of files dropped on my desk, my eyes snapping open to see a file with the name 'Classified' in red bold letters. I looked up and smiled at my father, opening the file and skimming over the notes that were all over the page.. My head jerked up when he said something along the lines that he was the driver that hit me and that they were going to get him. I jumped from my spot, walking to the door and slipping into the SUV. My father knew that this was more of a redemption then anything else, so the fact that he was letting me go and that Vi was tagging along made it all the more sweeter.

The process for getting him was different then they have been before, we had to have a separate car ahead of us, my dad wanted to be the one to chase him and I wasn't sure if he still had it in him. He took him down and knocked him out, a bag was placed over his head as his wrists were tied tightly with a zip tie, he was tossed into the trunk of the front car and we began on our way to abandon warehouse on the lower side.

When we arrived I slid out of the car, walking to the trunk and grabbing my bag of toys with a stone expression. Something in me kind of switched from calm and kept under wraps to nothing but seeing red and making sure to see pain on someone's face. But I had different techniques than others, I don't believe in asking continuously, we asked twice and on the third time it was time for everything to go down.

I left my father do the talking, not trusting my brain to mouth function to come up with anything reasonable. I sat with Vi as he spoke to the man in what I assumed was his calm angry tone. She was texting Greyson and seeing when she was going to meet up with and Judah. I kept my eyes focused on the door, waiting for my father to come out and let me have a go at him.

The sound of creaking metal made me stand at attention, my hazel eyes locking with my dad's as he nodded his head and I stepped in the room. I looked back at both Vi and my father, sliding the door closed behind me before setting my bag on the rolling cart with a loud clunk.

"Hello, Frankie. Do you know who I am?" I asked, sitting in the chair across from him, crossing my legs over one another.

He nodded, "I do, I thought you were dead. I even checked your pulse!" He spoke in a frantic tone, moving against the restraints as I unzipped the bag. I began setting a few things on the table beside it, slow and calculated movements so he could see whatever I brought out.

"Sir, I do not take well to people trying to kill me, nor to people who almost kill my family." I spoke softly as I turned, grabbing the jump cables and connecting them to his handcuffs.

Vi's POV
The lights flickered and the faint sound of a scream rang out, drawing my attention to the door that was guarded by two burly men. I shook my head and went back to my story, letting whatever thoughts I had move to the back of my mind.