Chapter 6

I did as the general had suggested and stayed in his room, though it's not like there was anything else for me to do. I had taken a shower, and put on the same parts of my uniform that I had slept in. I couldn't wait to be on the Finalizer and get new clothes and proper sleep wear.
I was laying on the bed when the ship rumbled. I held onto the frame, remembering how unsteady it was to land. I was grateful when everything was steady again, and I was able to sit up.
From the hallway I could hear footsteps that stopped outside the door. Then there was some murmured talking, though I couldn't make out any words. Suddenly the door slid open and the general walked in, leaving a few troopers behind.
"Is something wrong, sir?" I asked, impulsively standing up straight to greet him. He looked tired, and after the past days I couldn't blame him.
"No, I just received word from my lieutenant that I have a lot to do once we get back to the Finalizer," he said. "Speeches, paperwork, training, etc. Apparently morale is low after the loss of the Starkiller which will have to be fixed. I can't run the First Order of people don't believe in what they're fighting for."
A small pang of pity hit me as I realized that the general had lost a lot more than just a weapon in the attack. "You're stressed," I stated. "You need to relax, especially before jumping back into things."
"I don't have that luxury, _____," he sighed. "I have to get prepared for tomorrow."
"You're going to burn yourself out, General," I said, taking him by the arm. "At least rest a little bit. It'll make you feel better."
       I took his greatcoat off his shoulders and sat him down on the bed. He watched me closely, like he wasn't sure what I was going to do. I wasn't exactly sure of that myself.
       "Close your eyes," I said, crawling on the bed behind him. I sat on my knees and placed my hands on his shoulders. I massaged them slowly, but with pressure to work out the knots under his skin.
He let out a small groan, but relaxed his back as I worked my hands farther down. He shouldn't carry the amount of stress that he does for someone his age. He was only hurting himself by doing that.
"Perhaps a hot shower would relax you as well?" I suggested when I reached the small of his back. I refused to let him work tonight, even though I expected him to protest it.
       He stood up and without a word went into the bathroom and shut the door. I was surprised that he listened to me, and I moved back on the bed. I just wanted him to rest, hoping maybe that it would help him tomorrow when we got back on the ship.
I laid back on the pillows, listening to the sound of the water falling from the shower. It was a lulling and rhythmic sound, that seemingly went on forever. He must've taken a long shower because I was half asleep when the door opened. I sat back up and blinked my eyes at the man in front of me.
General Hux was standing at the foot of the bed, shirtless and towel drying his hair. He didn't seem any less tired than before, but he looked less tense. I moved from my spot on the bed and walked around to him.
"Is there anything else I can do for you, sir?" I asked, trying to keep my eyes from staring at his chest. Small droplets of water fell from his hair onto his face and neck, and I fought hard not to wipe them away with my fingers.
He folded the towel neatly in his hands. "You know you don't have to ask me that," he said. "You're not my personal assistant."
"I could be," I stated without hesitation, earning me a glimmer of a smile from him.
"Yes, I suppose you could seeing as how you constantly check up on me," he said, laying the towel on the edge of the bed.
I swallowed a bit and tried to sound confident as I spoke. "Well, someone has to, sir."
He let out a small breath of air that almost sounded like a laugh. "And you think you're the person to do it?"
"Better me than someone else," I said, trying to seem more edgy.
He stepped closer to me and his hands rested at my waist. "Why do you think that, _____?"
I looked up at him, trying to summon all my courage. "Because you're my general. You've already said that you want me, so why not me be your personal assistant?"
"Are you laying claims to me now?" he smirked, pulling me even closer. "What finally made you come around?"
"Part seeing you come out of the shower, part the idea of anyone else seeing you like that," I said honestly. He chuckled, one of his hands reaching up to graze my cheek.
"So you're a little jealous? That's interesting," he said. "Now I know how to get you riled up. I've never seen you give me such a bold attitude before. I can't tell if I like it more than your submissive or not."
"I'm sure you'll have time to find out," I said, my hands going to rest on his chest.
       He rested his forehead against my own, his eyes staring into my eyes. "Yes," he murmured softly. "I think I will."
       He tilted my head up and pressed his lips to mine. My eyes fluttered shut, and my arms found their way around his neck. He pulled me closer by the waist, his kiss becoming deeper. My hand weaved into his damp hair, and he made a small noise against my lips. I pulled away from him, looking up at his steely eyes.
He gave me a small grin, his eyes staying focused on my lips. "I needed that," he said.
       "I'm glad to help, General," I smile back at him, a little flustered, but happy.
"Call me Hux, at least when we're alone," he said, moving over the bed and laying down. "Come lay with me."
I did so gladly, getting in under the sheets and curling up beside him. My head rested in the crook of his neck, and his hand absently played with my hair.
"Tomorrow, when we get back on the Finalizer," he started, his voice low. "You stay beside me, okay? It's going to be very hectic, and I can't have you running around that giant ship without me knowing where you are."
I simply nodded, inhaling his scent which had a calming effect over me. I felt safe and cared for right then. His arm draped lazily over my waist and my eyes began to close without my will. I wanted to stay awake and revel in the feeling longer, but sleep was calling for me.
"Goodnight, _____," he murmured softly, and I drifted off to sleep.

A/N: Thank you guys for the lovely comments on this story! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it. I hope this chapter was a nice treat for you all, it certainly was for me to write ;) this definitely isn't the end and there will be conflict to come so I hope you guys are as excited for it as I am :)