Brilliant!

CHAPTER 1

Michelle looked longingly out of her bedroom window as the autumn wind spun the cracked brown leaves in the air. It was a nice breezy day to go outside and explore the small town she lived in. But he had a bigger passion. She twiddled her long dark strands of her with her fingers, spotting the Goldwalker Academy for Boys in the distance. She turned to her older brother, Josh who was typing furiously on his computer.

“Josh....” Michelle started. “Please, you have to let me go to Goldwalker!”

Josh looked up from his work and sighed, running his slender fingers through his jet black hair. He looked older than 18 years old... maybe from all that work he was doing made him look so.

“I know you want to go to school, Michelle. But Goldwalker is a speacilly made for boys. You know if there was an eligible school around here for you, I would let you go. Besides, It's been hard for me ever since...”

“I know, I know,” She murmured cutting him off. Ever since mom and dad died, Michelle's life has been turned upside down. She and Josh had lost their house and they had to move to a much more smaller house located in a rural area rather than an urbanized city. EVer since that happened she wished for her whole life back again, she went to bed saddened and not looking forward for the next day, she felt alone, heart-broken and afraid.

"Do you think we could--"

"No"Josh said a bit more harshly. "We can't move Michelle. We've had this discusiion way too many times for me to tell you why again,"

Michelle returned to look out the window, lost deep in thought. "i think I'm going to go outside and walk around, that's the only thing to do around here anyway..." She sighed getting up from her feet. Michelle slipped on her favourite flip flops, and a cardigan as well as her baseball cap while she exited the door.

"Be careful" Josh shouted as she closed the door behind her.

Michelle took a walk across the neighbourhood and strolling there, she spotted the Gold walker academy for boys in the distance. seeing a bunch of boys walking and chatting with each other.

“If only I were a boy. Things would be a lot easier.” She sighed too herself.

Suddenly Michelle thought of an idea. A brilliant idea. She stood up and smiled.

“If only I were a boy...” She repeated.

_____________________________________________________________________________

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Josh asked.

“I'm absolutely positively sure!” Michelle replied as enthusiastically as she could.

Not wanting Josh to see her hesitation, she turned to look out the car window while catching a glimpse of herself through the rear view mirror. She still wasn't used to her new self, not just yet.

After a load of pleading and pouting, she had eventually gotten Josh to agree to help disguise her as a boy so she could go to Goldwalker high school. Her beautiful loose wavy dark brown hair was cut short to a closed cropped style, she could no longer wear make up, and instead of wearing her usual floral blouse and skirt, she had to wear her brother's baggy faded jeans and Gothic t shirt that hung loosely on her slender frame.

As they pulled up near Goldwalker Academy, Michelle shied away from the sight at first but examined the tons of guys roaming around campus with fancy leather jackets and expensive leg wear. She could feel anxiety and fear entering her body as she gulped.

“Still sure?” Josh asked with a tint of playfulness in his voice.

Michelle nodded and got out of the car.

“Love you!” She called as she slammed the car door shut. She hung her head low while she strolled into a tall building, which appeared to be the main office.

She got her schedule, browsing through the classes that was written on the paper, her first class was algebra. Luckily she found her way to the classroom, and waited outside for the teacher's approval. A few minutes later, the door open and the Teacher Mr. Cray welcomed the class in, directing them to their seats quietly. Mr Cray was bony and strict looking with piercing grey eyes and a tall firm profile. Michelle thought he was going to pick on her out of everyone in the class since she looked a bit odd and quiet compared to everyone else. Quietly, she laid her head on her desk blinking twice as fast.

 Did I make the right choice? She whispered to herself blocking the sound of the chattery boys.

Then there was hustle at the door and she looked up. Walking through the door was a group of boys. Hot looking boys. They seemed like the popular type, they all talked similar, did those cool hand shakes, and laughed about the weirdest things.

But there was one in particular that stood out. He was the most handsome of the bunch. Michelle gazed into his deep green eyes that seemed to light up every time he laughed. He had a light olive tone to his rough skin, and his hazel coloured hair was perfectly trimmed so it complimented the strong angle of his jaw. Michelle practically gaped at him as he took a seat right beside her. His clothes appeared to be ordinary, definitely not designer, but he didn't need it. Suddenly Michelle jumped as she heard him laugh casually as one of his friends had said something to him.

His voice is so sexy. Michelle thought dreamily. The guy didn't seem to notice her until shortly, he recognized her looking at him dorkily.

“Hey there...” He said with a tiny bit of confusion in his voice.

That's when Michelle snapped out of it. Crap! Crap! Crap! She thought hesitantly.

“Um, hi!” Her voice still sounded high and girly, she felt her face redden and then she sarcastically coughed before trying again. “Er... Sup man.” She said in a lower voice.

Is that what guys says to each other? She asked herself.

“Uh, not much I guess...” He replied softly. “I guess you're new here. I haven't seen you around.”

“Erm yeah, um... I'm new” Michelle answered. It was hard to keep a low steady voice all the time, especially since her voice consisted of a naturally higher tone.

“Cool, I'm Walker, and you?”

My name? What's my name again? Oh right!

“I'm Mich- I mean, I'm Michael.” Michelle stuttered.

Walker stuck out his hand as Michelle dug her hand forward in reply. It was as if it gave an overall warmth throughout her body.

“Hey, can I call you Mike?” He asked pulling out a slight smirk.

“Sure, that's fine with me!”

 Walker smiled at Michelle. “You seem cool,” he commented.

For the first time, Michelle didn't feel nervous, she didn't feel like she didn't belong, she felt welcomed.

 “Thanks,” She grinned.

____________________________________________________Comment, Vote, add to Library.