Time to face the truth

The next day Michelle was almost horrified of seeing Walker. As she entered the school doors, she hung her head down and pulled her hoodie over in hope of not being spotted by him. As she continued down the long corridors between the lockers, all of a sudden –OOF! She found herself being flung backward as she just bumped into someone.

“Oh, I'm so sorry--”

When she looked up, there he was. His beautiful hunky body, emerald eyes--- there stood Walker. Michelle looked into his eyes that only were hard and confused and only thought, I had done that, I had hurt him.

It was quite awkward as they both stared at each other in silence. Then Walker intentionally brushed past her shoulder as he walked by her letting out a small huff.

Michelle felt a few tears starting to swell in her eyes and so, she returned to staring back onto the tiles of the school's floor with a lost expression on her face. She didn't know who she thought she was to go around creating a hectic future for herself, and others. She would live her life in pain and regret.

No, Michelle told herself. I can fix this before it's too late and I loose him for good. I realize that I felt this way all because I loved him, and I would rather live my life knowing how he felt about me than not knowing at all. Because it was that simple, I. Can't. Loose. Walker.

Michelle sprinted back down the hall aimlessly trying to spot Walker. As she turned around the corner there was Walker walking by himself. Michelle went up and grabbed his shoulder, immediately turning him around to face her. His jaw tightened slightly.

 “What?” Michelle looked at him in the most adoring caring and understanding look she could pull off.  She led him to the marble railings on the left of the building.

“Just listen Walker,” she began when he tried to talk.

“I know you're confused right now. I know you're thinking how messed up things are and that I'm a freak. But I'm not. I'm- I'm... a girl,” she confessed shakily, revealing her squeaky high pitch voice. Michelle tried not to start bawling again as Walker's eyes widened. She shook off her huge sweater so that she was only wearing a tight tank top. She also popped out her chest a bit so that her breast showed. Michelle must have been tomato red as some people stopped and gaped at her like they just saw a ghost.

Michelle hastily pulled her dearer back over her head and continued. “I came here because I wanted an education, which I got. But I also found you. You understood me and took me under your wing. And as we spend more time with each other, I realized that.. I love you Walker.”

Walker looked as if he just got slapped in the face. Michelle tentatively reached out to stroke his cheek but he stepped back.

“But... Why- wait, Mike-” He choked.

She sighed deeply and covered her eyes, trying to explain again.

“My name isn't Mike, it's Michelle. Maybe you could... could see me differently if I didn't look like this,” she whispered spreading her arms to exaggerate her loose sweater.

Suddenly, Michelle felt her heart drop.

He doesn't love me, he doesn't feel the same. She thought, realizing his reaction.

Michelle continued to stare at his face hoping to find a hint of warmth or understanding, but there was none. She moved forward to embrace him, but he just backed away. Then, when he opened his mouth to say something, she just hushed him and whimpered,

“I'm so sorry Walker.” Michelle then turned around and walked away. She could feel everyone's eyes burning into her back as she walked. She sped up my pace, while only the sound of her pounding feet broke the deathly silence.

Why did I always have to end up knowing he would never turn around and chase me back? Michelle thought, letting a tear slip down her hot rosy cheek.

___________________________________________________________

Another Short one LOOL!

Please Vote,

Comment,

And ADD to your library!

:D