Chapter 2

With chemistry over, I made my way over the field while Stephanie called out for me. I turned around and waited for her to catch up. Just as I began to continue walking to the field, Conor hollered at his friend who were not too far behind me. Due to his excitement and lack of attention, Conor continued to walk to them until his muscular chest collided with mine. Wow! Twice in one day; this was a new record. Swiftly, he offered his hand to help me up and ran to girlfriend- Hailey.

Hailey was the definition of physically perfect. Her thick, long, curly golden brown locks sat comfortably on her shoulders, which were being shielded with Conor's strong arms. Conor took off his jacket and attentively slipped it onto her shoulders. I must having been looking for a while because she flashed me a quick smirk and continued walking. This type of attention was not foreign to Hailey. Men would stare lustily at her, and girls would want to be like her. Nonetheless, I turned away.

Although Hailey possessed all of these positive traits, there was one major flaw: her personality. Constantly, she would flash looks of disgust and displeasure at girls who would even glance at her. Murderous glances were given in exchange for a peek at Conor. Her confidence bordered arrogance causing girls to want to be seen to gain the same self assurance. Hailey's words sharper than knives were and could cut deep.

When we arrived at the field, Stephanie shook her head. "What?" I exclaimed
"I saw those daggers she gave you," she sympathetically announced.
"Who," I said turning away.
"It's ok you don't need to lie around me Gigi."
"I know Steph but that's how she always is"
"Well with the book, you can play her at her own game."
"Arghhhhh," I screamed. "How many times? I don't need it"
"Those looks proved otherwise. Well anyway, just think about it." With that, the bell rang.