Chapter 6

After a few moments, Conor emerged from the toilets. He shook everyone's hand but when he reached me, his eyes were locked on mine. There was no movement from either of us for what felt like forever. Justin reached out and tapped Conor's shoulder, causing him to snap out of his trance, walk away and approach Mia. Conor pulled Mia, to the side, where they stood together. All that was audible was Mia's giggles after Conor's lips finished moving. Blushing slightly, she turned away and began to look at Conor with a serious expression. She appeared to say the word 'yes,' before Justin ran in a picked her up. Justin smiled at Conor causing him to pull him into a 'man hug.' It turns out Mia and Justin were 'officially dating.'

Not long after we heard about Mia's good news, Stephanie had to leave to check on her dog. I stayed with the rest of the 'crew.' Soon after, Yasmin and Harry decided to leave and offered to drop Zoe home because Yasmin's mum was there. We said by but slowly, each person went home until it was just me, Conor, Justin and Mia. On the way to the food court, Justin has his arm wrapped around Mia's shoulders. Hurriedly, I took my phone and snapped a picture. I sent it to Mia with two laughing emoticons. Just as I put my phone away, Conor snuck up beside me and whispered "They're cute, aren't they?"
"Not as cute as you and Hailey," I sarcastically said and rolled my eyes.
"Well, I would say they are," he said nervously scratching his.
"Anyway, do you even know anything about me? My name? How often you are so careless and drop my stuff?" I asked sounding unimpressed when deep down I just wanted to tell him how I felt. I managed to control myself.
"Not really. I think your name begins with a G and I'm sorry for that. I'll try to be more careful," he said anxiously chuckling causing me to laugh.
"My name is Gigi and I know you will try to be careful because I now have a friend who will blackmail your friend," I giggled. We both began to laugh until we were interrupted by someone in front of us. They cleared their throat very loudly causing us to stop and look.

Immediately, Conor's facial expression because serious. Hailey grabbed his arm and she greeted me with a hateful smile. Hesitantly, I forced a smile upon my lips. Mia and Justin had not realised what was happening because they had made their way to reserve is some seats. I looked up at Conor and his recently warm eyes had become ice cold. Trying to compose myself, I ordered our food and waited by the counter with Conor and Hailey. In an attempt to make me jealous, she began to play with Conor's curls and she pecked his lips. When I reached for my food, he looked at me apologetically but I turned away and waited for Mia's food. Hailey gazed at them in the distance. "I love to show my boyfriend how much he means to me. See I made an effort to see my man today. Do you do the same boyfriend?" She asked.
"No, I don't have one," I sharply replied.
"Oh, sorry," she said holding in a snigger. "How rude of me, what's your name?" She smirked.
"Gigi, " I said flatly.
"Are you always this enthusiastic?" She cackled, expecting Conor to join in. He just remained motionless and emotionless. Luckily, Mia's food came. I snatched it and ran.

Swiftly, I pulled out my phone to text her and signalled to her phone. She looked down and blushed at what must have been the picture I sent if her and Justin. Then, she looked up and saw Hailey approaching the table with Conor. She immediately texted me back. I looked down at my phone that read "We're leaving now, don't worry." Mia kissed Justin's cheek and I hugged him while Conor nodded his head and both me and Mia. We waved and Hailey, who wore insincere smile on her lips, began to do the same to us. We turned around and made our way back to Mia's car.