Chapter 2 - Getting Settled In

"And this is my room," Soos said, ending the tour of Grandma's house. "You'll be staying in here if you want."

I looked around. Soos's room was a fair size. It was kind of dark with brown walls. Sure enough, on the wall opposite his bed was a pullout bed in the wall. On the far wall, he had a desk with a computer on it.

"Dang, Soos," I said. "You have it all." I immediately regretted my words. Luckily, he just chuckled.

"I guess you could say that."

I let out a silent sigh of relief and began to walk around and explore his room.

"So, in school," I said, "I joined an after school club called 'Mysterious Thinking: Abnormalities and the Super Natural'."

"That's cool," Soos replied.

"And you know what we found out?" I asked.

"What?"

"That Gravity Falls, Oregon has the most supernatural sightings," I said. "Do you know what that means?!"

"What?!" Soos replied excitedly.

"That we can find out the mysteries of your town this summer, together!!!"

Soos's smile dropped. He scratched the back of his head. "I don't know, dude," he said. "I'm not really the 'adventure type,' you know?"

I dropped my smile. "Oh, sorry, I just thought..."

He dropped his arm. "But, if that's what you really want to do..."

"I'm sorry, I got too far ahead of myself. How about we both take turns deciding what we do," I said. "That way we can do everything this summer. Together."

Soos's smile returned. "Yeah, I like that idea."

I smiled. "Me too."

"Nietos!" Grandma called. "Come out for dinner!"

"Coming, abuelita!" I called back. "We better go, Soos."

"Yeah," he said excitedly. "Let's go."