Snow

It was cold. Only eighteen degrees above zero to be exact. Conroy still would have gone out even if he'd known that mother nature would send her wrath his way. He was stubborn, and many said it would be the death of him. But with the snow coming down like a constant reminder of winter's bitterness, Conroy began to question himself.
Being stuck in the frost with only a few low hanging trees for cover had not been the plan. Even if there was a plan, Conroy would have changed it at some point. Now though, was not the time to be worring about what could've been done. Because it was cold. And it wasn't going to get warmer anytime soon.
Conroy curled further into himself against the trees. Snowflakes clung to the rust colored hair on his face and coming out from his bennie. The bright red snow coat covering his body now seemed useless as the weather became harsher. Brown, almost black, eyes scaned the landscape for the hundredth time and came up with nothing.
The snow started falling faster now. Conroy looked up at the sky to see bits of white fell from the dark canvas of grey before him. All seeming to aim for Conroy. Wanting so suck the heat out of his sharp features and watch his face become a darker shade of pink.
That's when the singing started.