Chapter 5: A blue crystal

A/N: Ok hello everyone! Sorry that this is really late, I haven't gotten much inspiration and I've been super busy with homework and my school play (I'm a techie!) so I haven't gotten any time to write anyways. Sorry about the cliffhanger too. I'm SO SORRY that it took me so long. Also, now that we have 283 reads I feel obliged to write. Thank you SO SO SO MUCH!!! And also when you search "Keeper of the Lost Cities" on the search for wattpad, this story is the 50th result out of 100s of stories! That is SO COOL and I'd like to thank every one of you.  Anyways, enough with my ranting! On with the chapter...

   Wait what?  Sophie suddenly thought. Why was there a leaping crystal here? Sophie leaned down to pick up the crystal and examined it. It had a few faucets and looked like the one Tiergan had. She stuffed it into her pocket and remembered to look into it later.

   "I've got it!" Fitz exclaimed, interrupting her line of thought. "Biana... I dare you to kiss Keefe on the cheek." He said with a smirk. They both blushed and looked anywhere but at each other. Fitz grinned evilly as Sophie giggled. This was probably to get back at Keefe.

"Do... do I have to?" Biana asked hesitantly. Her smile was wiped off her face but Sophie saw a layer of excitement underneath her mask of shyness. She was really ecstatic and Sophie could tell.

"Yes of course you have to! That's how you play the game, right Sophie?" Fitz said.

"Right." Sophie said. "Although, if you'd rather not do it you can always jump into a pile of alicorn poop. We never got a chance to clean up Silveny's enclosure after she left." She added with a mischievous grin but still felt a twinge of loneliness. She truly did miss the stinky, sparkly winged horse - despite how annoying she was.

"Ugh finnneeeee." Biana groaned but it was fake and Sophie knew it. Fitz and Sophie shared a knowing look and both hid a smile behind their hand. Biana leaned in close to Keefe and pecked him on the cheek. She had been wearing pink lip gloss that day so his cheek was stained with pink. He didn't seem to care or notice though. Biana sat back down with a small smile on her face.

"Did you enjoy it?" Sophie teased Biana under her breath.

"Yeah... Biana said dreamily. She grinned with a glint in her teal eyes that radiated a Keefe-like look.

"So it's your turn Biana. Who do you pick?" Fitz asked as Biana twirled a stray strand of her perfect dark brown hair.

"I pick... Sophie." Biana said and Sophie looked at her best friend with an accusing look. So this was why she looked like she was planning something.

"Ok, I guess." Sophie replied to her and turned to face the girl.

"Truth or dare?" Biana asked her. She was rubbing her hands in anticipation. Oh no... Sophie mentally groaned.

"Dare." Sophie said confidently. Surely she could take whatever Biana had to throw at her, and she had too many secrets to be able to answer truth.

"Ok I dare you to..." Biana started loudly. "Kiss Fitz and tell him you like him." She whispered the rest and her voice was so quiet that the boys would have never heard. Sophie eyes widened as she blushed cherry red and gave Biana a pleading look. "Please, no." Sophie whispered in an attempt to change her mind. Biana just shook her head and Sophie sighed. Oh well Sophie thought but then she got an idea. "Hey, can I tell him telepathically?" She asked Biana in a hushed tone.

"Hmm fine I guess, as long as you promise to tell him and not flunk out of the dare." Biana agrees and gives Sophie a stern look. Sophie nodded.

"What's taking so long?" Keefe asked with a smirk. "Tell us the dare or do it already Foster." He said.

"Fine." Sophie grumbled. "But I'm not telling you what it is." She says.

Keefe pouts. "Aww why? But I guess we'll find out what it is when you do it anyways." He sighs and leans back into the bench.

I'm sorry. Sophie transmitted as she got up from her seat and gave Fitz a quick kiss on his lips. His beautiful teal eyes involuntarily widened and he looked shocked as Sophie sat back down. Keefe's smirk wavered but stayed the same as Sophie blushed and avoided eye contact with either of the guys. She did her best to hide her flushed cheeks with her long blonde hair.

Fitz, my dare was to kiss you and tell you that I liked you... I'm so so sorry. Sophie pushes the transmit into Fitz's mind.

Fitz's head seems to go into overdrive and Sophie turns away from his gaze. She fingers the crystal in her ankle pocket and twists a strand of her blonde hair nervously.

   Fitz stared at Sophie but didn't say a word. Sophie sighed. She figured he'd be like this.

   "Come in for mallowmelt!" Della's musical voice drifted towards them and they all jumped.

   "Come on, we can continue inside and after snacks." Biana said and walked out of their little clearing down the crystal path. Sophie followed suit and the boys soon joined them. They all entered the house and chose seats at the dining table.

   Sophie sat down and grabbed a piece of mallowmelt from the plate Della had left for them before seeing the custard burts, prattles, and blitzenberry muffins also on the table. She gave Della who was watching them a questioning look.

Della laughed when she noticed Sophie's gaze. "Oh, I thought that I'd try experimenting a bit today. And so nice to see you again Sophie." She said to her and Sophie smiled.

   "Nice to see you too." Sophie said to her as she took a bite out of her piece of mallowmelt. "Wow this is amazing Della!" Sophie exclaimed.

   "Thank you dear, though I'm sure Edaline's recipe is hard to beat." Della smiled and strode out of the room. She blinked in and out of sight as her chocolate brown hair disappeared from sight.

   Sophie grabbed a cherry-chocolate custard burst and a blitzenberry muffin as well. She felt nostalgic for Edaline as she remembered that these were Jolie's favorite snacks. She saw that Biana had taken a prattle and some mallowmelt, Keefe had taken a blitzenberry muffin, and Fitz had taken some custard burts and mallowmelt.

   Sophie still felt weird from the dare and refused to meet anyone's eyes as they ate. Keefe finished first and as the rest of them slowly finished they looked up.

   "Ok, so should we uh go finish the game upstairs? It is getting pretty late." Fitz asked.

   "Yeah, come on let's go. We can use my room." Biana offered and led them upstairs. They all traipsed up after her.

   Oh no. Sophie thought as she followed her friends. It was her turn now. What was she going to do?

A/N: Again, I'm sorry for the LONG wait! We are so close to 300 reads! Can we do it with this chapter? It's almost been 2 weeks since I started this, and I'm already so happy. I just want to reach out and virtually hug EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. YOU. Really that's how happy you made me. So enough of my rambling, and I hope oh liked this chapter. Remember to read, vote, and comment! Thank you! See you next chapter...
~ readerwriter6262

P.S. Anyone like the new, longer chapters? Even though they take longer to write. Comment "Long chapters forever!" if you like them as much as I do!