Chapter 6

" Okay Noah, and by the way Natalia, I would like you to accompany me for breakfast. We need to talk."

Panic surged through me as he walked back to his bedroom down the hall. A million questions cluttered my mind. Did I do something wrong? Did I wake him up? Is he going to punish me?

I pull out a pan and fry some bacon as Noah cooks an omelet. After breakfast is finished, I arrange a plate for Ray and I and shakily walk down the seemingly infinite hallway and knock on the door very carefully, nearly dropping my plate. The door opens and I walk in and set the plates down on a table in the middle of the room, two chairs sit opposite each other, Ray pulls my chair out as I sit down and pushes me in.
"Thank you. " I say meekly
" I appreciate your manners, thank you for breakfast."
He starts to eat and I follow suit, nibbling on a piece of bacon. After Ray finishes eating, he looks up and watches me for a moment after i finish eating.
" May I ask why you wanted me to come to breakfast?" I questioned
" No particular reason, I just enjoy your company, although I would like to know more about you."
"Oh, well, my full name is Natalia Rose Grey, my favorite color is aqua blue, and I love drawing."
" Wonderful, you don't need to know my full name, but my favorite color is Black, and I like meeting new people. You are dismissed. "
I get up and collect the plates and exit the room. After I wash the plates and put them away, Noah breaks the silence.
" Why did he want to see you? "
" He just said he enjoyed my company and wanted to get to know me."
Noah nodded, and in his eyes I saw something, like a part of him cried for me. Like he worried about my well being. Like he was scared for my life.