Hide and a hell of a drive

i'm so tired.

im sorry i didnt update for sooooo long but my computer fucked up (Messed with photoshop too) and i couldnt open libreoffice (which i write with)

No Jet and Aqua this week. Also more of a focus on talking and bonding this week.

This is 1000% unedited to bear with it for a few days (I'm 3 days behind fenhawke week AHHHH!)

Also on another note:
I'm going to be making oneshots for this series further on down the road and adding them to a collection. They'll mostly be shorts that I feel didn't fit in with the story, or just hindered it. So watch out for them!

I own nothing but the au idea

--

 Saying goodbye to Hinami was probably the hardest goodbye of Hide's life since bidding his mother off for university. The little ghoul almost crushed Hide in her tiny arms before she lets go to repeat her actions with Kaneki.

"I'll come to visit, I promise." He speaks softly to her, a small smile on his face as he runs his hand lightly over her head then swiftly pulls it away. His words seem to make Hinami feel better however as she returns the smile. Hide almost hates to watch the touching scene as his throat starts to swell with a dull ache. He needs a distraction, and so one comes.

Yoshimura taps Hide on the shoulder and Hide turns around to see an old leather bag being presented to him. "What's this?" Hide asks, as he reaches to take the bag from the elderly ghoul.

"A bag, and a spare uniform shirt and pants that were collecting dust in the store room. You'll need them."

"Why?"

"Well there has to be a reason as to how your would-be assassin found you here if she isn't watching you now."

"You think my stuffs been bugged?"

"Well perhaps not, but being old you learn precaution is better than death."

"I think that's a wise lesson to pass on sir."

"Use it well while you're young. I feel like you may need it more than most."

"Alright then." Hide takes a small peak inside the bag. "Should I change now or..."

"Kaneki can tell you when he feels it's best to leave behind your old clothes."

"Ok I understand." Hide looks up at Yoshimura and smiles. "Thank you for helping me. I promise it won't be in vain."

"If you stick to that promise there's no need to thank me."

"Yeah, well, at least let me take you out to buy you a burger or something when I finish this medication."

"I'll be looking forward to that then, so please work fast." Hide can see the old ghoul's smile has changed now, it seems to be softer, more real and Hide hopes to god he can work fast. Then he'll take the whole of Anteiku out for a burger, even mean ol' Kaneki.

~~

Hide shuffles in his seat, feeling slightly awkward to the clean smell emitting from Kaneki's car. Hide had almost expected such a violent ghoul to have the scent of rotting corpses embedded into everything he would own, but the most frequent scent Kaneki gave off would be that of strong brewed coffee.

The scent of coffee mixed in with the clean smell of the car wraps itself around Hide as if to judge him. "You assumed he was a savage because he's a ghoul, but he's not. He's really quite different to what your expecting Hide" The smell taunts him as it drifts in and out his nose with each quick breath Hide took.