Chapter 7: The Blue Spirit

Looking back on it, Kaiden found himself really glad he didn't go into that storm. The next day, Sokka came down with a cold. They could tell because he was blabbering nonsense. Soon, Katara began coughing and Aang went out to find some medicine. It was taking quite a while though. Kaiden walked out of the cave to get Katara and Sokka some water for the second time that night. After filling up the pouch, he turned to leave. But he only got two steps in before he felt something hard hit the back of his head.

The last thing he heard before blacking out was, "We've found someone! Take him to Admiral Zhoa!"
_________________________________
When Kaiden woke up, he found himself tied to two pillars by ropes. To his right, he saw Aang in the same situation. But in front of them both, Kaiden saw a man with large sideburns and was obviously from the Fire Nation. This was Admiral Zhao. He looked at Aang with an evil grin.

"So this is the great Avatar?" he said, "Master of all the elements. I don't know how you've managed to elude the Fire Nation for a hundred years, but your little game of hide and seek is over. And your friend here isn't going anywhere either."

"I've never hidden from you," Aang retorted, "Untie me and I'll fight you right now!"

"Uhh, no. Tell me, how does it feel to be the only airbender left? Do you miss your people? Oh, don't worry, you won't be killed like they were. See, if you die you'll just be reborn and the Fire Nation will have to being its search for the Avatar all over again. So, I'll keep you alive... but just barely."

"I hope you realize that we'll escape here," Kaiden smirked.

"Oh really now?" Zhao got up in Kaiden's face, "I'd love to see you try. Even if you could somehow get loose from those bonds, you'd never make it past all the guards. So drop the confident act."

Zhao turned and walked for the doors. Now angry, Aang blew a gust of wind, knocking Zhao into the wall where he collapsed in a heap. He shook his head and stood up.

"Blow all the wind you want!" Zhao snapped, "Your situation is futile. There is no escaping this fortress. And no one is coming to rescue you."

With that, Zhao exited the room.

"You know," Kaiden said, "I don't think I like that guy."

"Are you gonna try to break us out?" Aang asked.

"I'm thinking, but considering all the guards and I don't know where we are, it's gonna take a while."

"Great..." Aang grumbled, "So we just stand here?"

"Pretty much."

Suddenly, frogs started leaping out of Aang's shirt and hood.

"What? No!" Aang panicked, "Don't leave frogs! My friends are sick and they need you! Please go back to being frozen!"

"...Not even gonna ask."

Then, there were noises of violence coming from the other side of the door. They stopped abruptly and were replaced by the sound of a lock turning in the door. The door opened and a man wearing a weird blue mask enters. He brandished two curved swords and runs forward to Aang, who screamed in fear.

But the man didn't cut Aang into pieces. Instead, he sliced the ropes holding Aang to the pillars, then quickly sliced through Kaiden's.

"Who are you?" Aang asked, "What's going on? Are you here to rescue us?"

The Blue Spirit opened the door and motioned for them to follow.

"I'll take that as a 'yes'," Kaiden shrugged.

They followed him out past the gagged and tied guard at the door to his chamber. Aang suddenly heard frog noises and turned to see his frogs on the floor.