Knocking on heavens door

Harry's hands are sweating, he doesn't like it, he is definitely nervous and is not sure why he is doing this or why he thought this was a good idea. Though Harry doesn't' believe in love at first sight, he thinks is more infatuation if anything, he does believes in soul mates, he firmly believes that in the world there is someone who is destined to be in your life and it won't happen as something planned, most of the time, those people cross your path and you don't realise it until a long time after you are united. Harry loves the idea of soul mates and he has always his heart open in case he finds it in the way. He has never been heart broken or anything like that, he crushed on people sometimes but that was all, he wasn't pursuing love either or looking desperately for his significant other but he always had a bit of envy of those who claimed to have found the love of their lives.

But here he was standing at the door of the beautiful stranger he saw at the record store like a two weeks and a half ago, the same one he stared at while the stranger was looking for a book to read in the library, the one and only that Harry spotted yesterday getting into the same building he lives in. When Harry realised what he was doing he noticed he had followed -from a prudent distance-, to THAT stranger to their dorm, and Harry swears to the heavens he is not a creepy stalker or anything because he is not, he does pursue things, places, people who are pleasant and in tune with his aesthetic but Harry has never followed someone before and he didn't do it intentionally, his body just moved and followed the other boy around as a lost puppy following its owner, but what were the chances of said stranger living in the same building as him? He doesn't know, he was never great at math, he wasn't the worst but he only excelled at the artistic topics so it wasn't' a surprise when he left home to go to uni to study art.

Then, he ran. He panicked so he ran, he ran and he was embarrassed that he did because he is not a coward, he doesn't think so, he is brave, he is driven, he doesn't get scared easily so he doesn't understand why he ran, he doesn't. He started taking big breathes to calm himself down and reason to himself, after got his senses back, he started walking towards the boys door again because he knew what he wanted to do and he was going to do it, because Harry is that type of person, the ones that effortlessly achieve what they want, they dreams, whatever it is he will succeed because he knows how to get things going and he has always been good at that, so he is walking towards that door because he is not scared.

Harry was standing there in front of the grey door just like any other door in this building and he wanted to knock and ask the boy out but it hit him, he didn't think about what to say before coming here again, he can't say that he followed him here? That's creepy, and Harry is making a run again, he is ashamed now, because for the second time he was a chicken -not literally-, and run.

Harry may be a bit awkward but he is also charming so that never stopped him from having a wide amount of friends. People was always attracted to his aura and chill vibe but he was also good looking, very good looking but Harry didn't consider himself handsome, he knew he wasn't ugly or anything like that, he does like himself, but he is not model material or anything like that, he is just weird, lovely and too oblivious Harry.

Harry was practising the little speech he was going to give to the boy after he opened the door and now Harry is standing once again in front of that door, the door is kinda hunting now that he thinks about it, and Harry is confident enough to do something like this, to show up in someone's door and knock and ask them out because no one has ever rejected Harry, not even when he had a crushed on the person before he asked them out, and Harry was confident, but for a split second he doubted himself and "what if he reject me?", Harry was not ready for rejection, a mean, that hurts doesn't? not only your ego but somehow your dignity too, because the person that rejected you knows who you are and can tell their friends about the creep you are and Harry is not a creep so he turns around and goes back to his dorm trying to take his mind out of that beautiful boy with the mind-blowing blue eyes, the ones the hold everything Harry ever wanted and Harry is concerned now, what if he could never forget about that boy? What if he finds the love of his life? His soul mate and he can't think of anything but the deep blue colour of the strangers eyes, and yeah what if that blue eyed boy IS his soul mate?.

Harry was never one to ask for romantic advice to his friends, this was a romantic situation right?, either way he went on with his approaching plan or he backed up pondering his options and decided if it was worth it the chase.

Because harry liked that, he liked things going his way but he also liked to take things slow and a bit of chase was always an exciting part he was looking forward in any love interest he was currently on about.

And Harry is confused now, because he has never done something like this before, he never thought about the what ifs, he doesn't do that!, he likes to live 'in motion in action' because that's how you make it and he made up his mind, he is going to give it a go, if he is rejected he will deal with that, he doesn't know if it will really hurt, maybe it won't be that bad, he can grow up some more and learn about that, so he is standing for the fourth time in less than two hours facing the greyish door and he is about to knock but suddenly a group of boys is coming his way and they are chatting and they haven't notice him but he can't do this! He won't be rejected in front of a crowd, he might take it by himself, with dignity and apprehension but he can't see himself recovering for being humiliated so for the fourth time he is heading again to his dorm, and honestly this is getting ridiculous now, this was supposed to be an easy task and end up being like being a participant of the Olympics and yeah Harry is flexible and all, he does yoga from time to time because of his back, yoga is good for his back and to control his breathing, but he is not fit Olympic wise. Harry used to have mini asthma attacks when he was just a boy, he was always cold during the winter and the summer wasn't hot enough for him, that why he daydreams in the rainy days of living in an island, a warm island, an island with the water so blue so blue and so pretty and calming just like the boys eyes.

Harry has been strolling the hallways of this building for the last two hours, coming and going from his dorm to the other boys door, one, twice, three times, FOUR times! That must be a record now isn't? Is this what people call pining? Harry never understood that world very well but he guess that is how this looks like.

Harry finds himself thinking too much his head starts to hurt a little bit, he gave himself some pep talk, he realised he was not going to be able to do a face to face confrontation after all the standing and running he did for the last two and half hour, so he considered his options and he presumed that leaving a note was the best solution. He started searching around his dorm trying to find a sticky note and without giving it too much thought he wrote the few words he wanted to say to the blonde boy and head out on his dorm with only one thing in his mind.