Chapter II - Meggie & Eli

Brook and the Doctor hear a knock at the door.

'Oh!' Brook announces, 'That must be my ride.' she begins to leave but the Doctor grabs her arm.

'I'm sorry,' he says, not letting go of her arm.

'What? Sorry for what?' Book asks.

'I'm sorry,' he continues, 'for bringing you into this world.'

Book looks appalled. That came out wrong. Maybe that was the wrong thing to say, the Doctor thinks.

'What?! Seriously?!' Brook rages. Yep, the Doctor thinks, wrong thing to say.

'No, that not what I-!' the Doctor begins.

'Fine! I see how it is! You finally meet your father after how many years, and he turns out to be a complete arse!' Brook rages. 'Now, if you'll excuse me, my ride is here.'

Brook exits the house with the Doctor trailing after her. She gets into a white car. The windows are not tinted at all, so the Doctor gets a clear view of the driver. He is an 18 year old kid with dark hair and stoney eyes. The man flashes him a wink and drives out of the driveway, kicking up dust.

Seconds tick by and soon the Doctor spots Clara coming up the driveway.

'Doctor! There you are.' She yells, catching her breath by the Doctor's side.

'Clara, I think I have just met my biological daughter.'

'Really?' Clara asks, looking back the way she came at the dust still hanging in the air. 'That sounds interesting. You can tell me all about her later, but right now we have a more concerning problem.'

'What is it?' the Doctor turns to Clara.

'I can't find the Time Vor- I mean Maggie and Eli, anywhere! I tried ringing their mobiles but they didn't pick up!'

'Oh, Clara, I'm sure they'll be fine. After all, you did say they only went shopping.'

'Ahh, about that... I lied. I'm not sure where they went. They just told me they had business to take care of and teleported out of the TARDIS.'

'Well, it's no good then. They could be halfway across Kasterborous by now. But, we should still find them. And my daughter while we're at it. I sense there is something strange going on with her.'

With that, Clara and the Doctor trot back to the TARDIS.

~~~

The TARDIS doors open with a snap and the Doctor immediately dives for the controls.

'We should be able to track them down, I slipped a tracking substance into their food a few days ago. Nobody can be trusted with their kind of power.' the Doctor says.

'Not even you?' Clara asks.

'Especially not me, Clara. That's why I gave it to this old gal.' the Doctor pats the TARDIS console and she makes a noise of satisfaction.

'So, about this daughter of yours...' Clara asks as the TARDIS flies through space.

'Ahh, yes. Brook is her name and apparently I am her parent along with River Song. I do vaguely remember that night, at the Sing Towers of Darillium. I promised River I would give us one last night together, and, of course, a night on Darillium lasts as long as 24 Earth years, so, it was not surprising it happened.'

'Ohh, I understand.' Clara realizes. 'So, what do you think Brook is up to?'

'Not sure. There is multiple possibilities. A person without parents can grow corrupt easily.'

'Now Doctor, "corrupt" is a rather strong word don't you think? Lonely might be better.'

'It works. And... we've arrived.' says the Doctor as he goes to open the TARDIS doors. 'Ooh, Clara, feel free to come outside, but you might not like what you see...'

'Doctor, what sad planet is this?' an astonished Clara asks, looking at the landscape.

'I do not know, it is uncharted. But it makes sense that the Time Vortex would know about it, they contain all the knowledge and power in the entire universe.' the Doctor replied, stepping out of the TARDIS. 'But it shouldn't be to difficult to find them here; their 20th century apparel looks VERY different from those of the citizens here.'

Clara and the Doctor walk through the town, checking in every back street and alleyway for the girls. A hustle breaks out a few blocks away from them, and the Doctor and Clara hurry to see what is going on.

A Zocci citizen and a patch-work person are causing a stir by fighting over a slab of unearthly meat. Since the Zocci citizen is much smaller than the patch-work person, the patch-work person is winning the fight. All of a sudden, the Zocci citizen bites the leg of the patch-work person and the one who was bitten yells out,

'You vile creature! Now I have to get a new leg!'

'Stop this, both of you!' comes a voice from the crowd.

Then Clara and the Doctor watch as Eli came up to the fighting couple and split the disgusting meat in half. The Doctor stares at the creatures on the sideline, trying to find Meggie as well. He spots her in the front of the crowd, holding them back.

The two fighting citizens reluctanatly take their piece of meat and Eli hurries them along. The crowd eventually disperses and Clara and the Doctor hide behind an old trash can. They watch as Meggie and Eli high-five and see their eyes glow for a millisecond.

The two girls begin to trot off down the abandoned streets and Clara and the Doctor get out from behind the bin and follow them discreetly. It isn't long before the girls walk into a large wrecked building, one with barely any celing and no door. The walls are crumbling and different species of creatures are hidden in every corner.

'This is one poor planet...' Clara mutters to herself. The Doctor and Clara watch as Meggie and Eli walk over to a certain section of the building. The emerge with a cup full of blue liquid and Eli begins giving it to the poor souls.

Suddenly, Meggie spots the Doctor, and she drops her glass. Clara feels cold under her stare, and it looks like Meggie is about to go on a killing spree. There is no warmth, just fury in her eyes.

Vote if you liked