Chapter III - the Death of a Planet

Clara expects Meggie to yell, fume, or something, but instead what happens next is something much more eery.

Meggie visibly clenches her jaw and stalks toward them, her footsteps silent on the gravel. Her demeanor is menacing and makes Clara's heart beat faster. Any moment now, Clara feels as if she will kick in to 'Fight, Flight, or Freeze' mode.

Clara takes a side glance at the Doctor. She can tell he is quite on edge too, but is doing his best to seem relaxed. Clara watches as he lets out a shaky breath as Meggie approaches. Meggie stalks right up to his face and stops, her nose inches away from his.

'You.' she hisses, acid dripping from her voice. Clara shudders.

'Me?' the Doctor raises his eyebrows playfully. Meggie narrows her eyes and grits her teeth. The Doctor glances over at Clara to see her worried face, but only for a moment.

'You...' Meggie growls. 'You sinner!'

'N-now hold on there -"Clara begins, voice shaking.

'You!' Meggie shouts, still focused on the Doctor. 'You don't deserve to walk the Earth; to travel the universe.'

Clara slowly backs away from Meggie and the Doctor, then jumps when she runs straight into Eli. Clara looks up to see Eli's stoney, disapproving gaze glare down at her, making the hairs on the back of her neck stand up.

Eli snaps her head back to the Doctor. 'You dirty scumbag!' Eli and Meggie growl monotonously, descending upon the Doctor. They get even closer to the Doctor's face, so he backs up.

Both are silent for a moment, causing Clara to gulp. '...billions of people, Doctor.' Meggie whispers, almost inaudible. 'Billions of people, all crying out for help. Gone, because of you.'

'...I take it you're angry, then?' the Doctor jokes, a ghost of a smile playing on his lips, but his eyes filled with terror.

Meggie and Eli grin at his joke, but not a happy grin. I menacing one. 'Oh, yes, Doctor.' Eli says. 'Definitely.'

Clara watches as Meggie and Eli hold hands and their eyes low with a blinding force. The Doctor knows he only has a few seconds before something horrible will happen.

The girls shove his to the ground, as their eyes keep getting brighter and brighter. Clara runs to him and tries to drag him up, but at that moment the TARDIS materializes around them, and the Doctor and Clara suddenly find themselves lying in the TARDIS, listening to the sound of the TARDIS dematerializing away.

The Doctor exhales loudly and lays back down on the ground, relaxing. Clara stands, shaking, and walks to the TARDIS doors. Outside, Clara watches as a planet glide by as the TARDIS flies.

'Doctor... what planet is that?' Clara asks cautiously as the planet goes by.

"The planet we were just on, I would assume." the Doctor is breathing hard, seeing as they narrowly escaped death.

The planet gliding by in is ruins, completely exploded to almost smithereens. Clara's breath catches in her throat as she realizes, that could've been us.

~~~~~~~

SURPRISE!!!!!

UPDATE!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I couldn't bare the guilt.

I feel like this is the only story I would actually say this about...

This is really crappy writing.

I was re-reading the chapters to get a feel for the story again and I was thinking, 'I did really write this?!'

Anyway, I would say I improved, so yay!

-O