Chapter Seven

I laughed as I walked back through the great hall after quidditch practise, the other girls had gone back to the common room to shower but I had to eat first. Marie and some of her other friends were sitting at the table watching at we all walked through.

“See you later Eb.” The guys called as I sat down and they carried on to their friends.  

“Since when do you hang out with them?” Rosie asked leaning across the table towards me and watching the rest of the team with one eye.

“Since I’m part of the team.” I shrugged laughing grabbing some bacon and some eggs. “What?”

“If you carry on eating like that, you’ll look like one of the guys.” Kelly whispered looking genuinely concerned.  

“Ebony is my best friend girls.” Marie stated hugging me as I shoved bacon into my mouth. “But seriously have you gotten anywhere with Charlie?”

I coughed back some bacon as I took a deep breath in. “What the hell Marie?”

“Oh weren’t we supposed to know?” Kelly gasped raising a fake hand to her mouth.

“No, because I’m not trying to get anywhere with Charlie, he’s just my captain that’s all.”

“Oliver Wood then?” Rosie asked, “Who wouldn’t want a quidditch player?” She asked when I rolled my eyes.

“I’m gonna have a shower.” I stated grabbing a cob and putting the rest of my breakfast into it. “I’ll see you in potions.” 

---

“Hey.” I grinned putting an arm around her shoulders as I followed her up to the common room. “Can I have a bite?” I asked as she took a bite from her cob.

“Course you can.” She grinned leaning against me as she raised it to my lips.

“You make good sandwiches woman.” I laughed as she pinched my side. “Marie being a whore?”

“She’s desperate for new gossip and she wants it to be circa me and you.” she said taking another bite. “You smell nice, had a shower already?”

“That my dear is BO and deodorant.” I laughed as she blushed. “I won’t tell anyone you like my natural scent.”

“Sure you’ve not got aftershave on?” she groaned blushing deeper as I nodded. “Want another bite?”

I nodded grinning as she changed the subject. “You’re throwing is improving.”

“Thanks I try.” She laughed. “Good teacher.”

“Only good?” I sighed dramatically, “I’m disappointed.”

“Amazing?” she laughed as I nodded, her nose wrinkled as she thought; “You’ve taught me other things too.”

“Have I know?” I grinned as she walked a little quicker and ducked behind a large tapestry which hid an alcove. “Nice move Black.”

“I thought so.” She grinned as I wrapped my arms around her waist and drew her against me. “This is what you taught me.”

Her fingers gently drew me closer to her until we were a breath away and she grinned, her silver eyes shining brightly up at me, she pressed a soft slow kiss against my lips and jumped away taking a bite of her cob grinning at me.

“Tease.” I growled following her keeping a hand on her waist until we got to the common room. “Have a nice shower.”

“I will, see you later?”

“Yeah.” I smiled and she skipped up the stairs as I went up ours towards my room for a quick shower to cool down.