Amusement (Ashton)

You hated this. Your best friend dragged you to an amusement park for the day, which wouldn't have been so bad, had she not brought along her boyfriend. You didn't hate him or anything but now you were an awkward third wheel and you were kinda mad that she didn't even tell you he was gonna be there. You were put in a better mood when they let you pick the rides for the most part. After riding on the ones you wanted you let them decide the next one. Her boyfriend suggests the tallest roller coaster in the whole park. You've tried to avoid that one all day. It's not that you had a fear of heights, it's just that this one was very high and had a steep drop. The worst part was having to sit alone. As you get closer to the front you see that there can't be any single riders and you're nervous that you'll be seated next to someone really weird. The next thing you know a cute boy your age slides in and is strapped in meaning neither one of you are going anywhere until the ride is over. Your hands were sweaty and you were nervous. You didn't normally scream on rides but you had a feeling you would on this one. You didn't want to embarrass yourself so who cares if you gripped the metal bar keeping you in a little tighter. "Are you scared of heights?" He asks. You shake your head too nervous to speak. You can see your best friend and her boyfriend sitting more towards the front, per his request, as the monotone recording plays going over the rules of the ride. "I'm Ashton" he mumbles. "Y/n" you mumble back just as the ride takes off. It was a whirlwind of loud screams, tight grips, and a queasy stomach when the ride finally came to an end. You blush seeing that you were holding Ashton's hand the whole time. "Sorry." You mumble embarrassed. "No big deal." He says smiling wide with dimples. He couldn't get any cuter. You look around and find that your friend and her boyfriend have run off without you. You sigh and head to the exit with Ashton. "Are you here alone?" He asks curiously. "No I'm here with my best friend and she unexpectedly brought along her boyfriend and now I've become the third wheel." You rant. "And I have no idea why I'm telling you all that." You say once more embarrassed. He laughs and casually slings his arm over your shoulders. "I feel that. My friends are big roller coaster fans so they're somewhere near the food court. I mean if they aren't going to miss you too much maybe I can steal you away for some more rides?" He asks smoothly. You laugh but nod your head. "Yeah that would be great."

-------------------------------------------------------
Guys I feel so bad that I haven't updated in forever but school has been so stressful and now I have the flu and it's just awful 😓😷 I'm hoping to get back on track shortly so please bare with me🙏🏻Happy reading. Xx

Comment. Vote. Share.