|| a death ||

Niall's POV

I picked up my bowl of cereal and went to the sink, and carefully examined it to see how it works.

I slowly turn the knob, and water comes out. It was amazing, I've never--
Ugh, stop being distracted Niall, you idiot. Zayn needs help! I turned it back to it's original position and placed the bowl carefully onto the counter, and ran off.
---
Zayn's POV

"G-guys, come on, I'll pay you tomorrow! I swear." I say, slowly backing up and my back bumps into the wall.

"It's been 3 months, Malik. We have a high demand, and we need your money by today." Big NB said, sitting down on a chair, smoking a cigarette while his two bodyguards stood by his side.

I run a hand through my hair, and my eyes are closed. I know what's gonna happen next. It's all ending to now. Why was I this stupid?

I hear footsteps come near.

My lips are trembling out of fear. I can't even bare to look.

My eyes start watering, I know my fate.

I hear something metal.

The clicking of the gun.

"If you can't give us anything, what's the use of you being alive in the first place?"

I count in my head.

"3,

2,

1."

"So long, sucker--"

His voice is replaced with gagging noises, is he, choking?

I look up, and he just drops to the ground.

He's taking one final breath.

He collapses on the floor.

I don't understand. He just died. Dead. "What the--" I look to my side and there's the boy from earlier, was he..? Does he have the force or something? Or was it something else?

His light, blue eyes are now a dark, black. He has some sort of glow coming from him that I don't understand. "What the fuck?" I curse, which calls his attention to me. His eye color reverts back to it's normal self, and his face softens. "Oh, hi Zayn."

"H-how did you--" "ZAYN, LOOK OUT!" I looked from him to infront of me, and I was quickly pushed to the side by the guy, taking a bullet. "H-holy shit!" I shout, covering my ears. He, died for me. A guy I just met. Well, it is kinda stupid to risk his life for me, since we just met. But of course I have to--

"Zayn! C'mon mate! We have to get going!" I don't hesitate, and I run and run and run. The piercing sound of the bullets being shot out hurt my ear, it makes me even more determined to get away. He's in front of me holding my wrist, for some reason, he's still alive. But I don't fuss around with that thought right now, what's important is that me and him get away.

After a while, the bullets stop, and we stop at a street light and I try my best to catch my breath. I look to my side and there's Neil, (atleast, I think that's his name,) with a hand on his chest. My eyes spot the scar of were he was shot, he takes a deep breath, and it slowly recovers, directly at my face.

He looks up at me, and gives me a small smile.

"Okay, do you know a shortcut or something, to your home?" "Are you fucking kiddin' me, man?!" He tilts his head, "What do you mean? I just saved you." "Exactly! HOW DID YOU?"