~8th Letter: Dance

Dear FCN,

The school's dance is coming up and I was asked by this guy to go with him.

It was required for us to attend with a date so I didn't have any choice and agreed. He was a nice guy, a friend of mine who's from the safe neighbourhood. Our parents said this would be safer since our house was close to theirs.

The school's been preparing for days now and everyone's really excited.

Except for me.

I mean sure, I already bought a dress. It was simple yet elegant and regal looking. It's the same colour as your eyes...

FCN, this is the first dance I've ever attended... I didn't know what to do or how to act but I'm pretty damn sure of who I wanted to spend my first dance with...and that's you.

I imagined you wearing a black tuxedo, walking up to me and kissing the back of my hand before you ask me for a dance. Then, you'd sweep me off my feet and together we'd glide along the dancefloor, not caring about anything else except each other.

At the end of the night, you'll walk me home and playfully steal a kiss from me. And as you walk away from our front door, I ask you to wait and kiss you fully on the lips.

I really wish you were here with me... it would've been a dream come true...

Sincerely yours,

YN

tNNgyKy}<.