Chapter One

"Do you think your mom will like the flowers?"

"Well she's more of a tulip person."

Taylor drops the bouquet of roses she had been holding, letting them fall to the floor dramatically.

"Shut up. Are you serious?!" Panic has set in. They're leaving in an hour and a half and now she has to get a fresh bouquet of flowers – tulips – to take upstate with them. It had taken her half an hour to decide on the roses in the first place. She doesn't want to come off as a try hard but isn't it like, tradition to come bearing gifts? She can't just show up at Karlie's parents' house empty handed.

"I told you not to get flowers anyway." Karlie laughs as she picks up the neglected roses. She checks over the beautiful red petals and marvels at how green and perfectly trimmed the stems are. "These are better than the roses you get me."

"I've already impressed you." Taylor huffs as she whips out her phone, preparing to call down to her security to let them know that she needs to go back to the florist. 

Karlie swipes the phone out of her grasp, grabbing a hold of it effortlessly. Taylor stomps her foot and reaches for it. Karlie holds the iPhone above her head, just out of Taylor's reach. Sometimes Taylor is convinced that she's dating a twelve year old. A freakishly tall twelve year old.

"Karlie I need to call down to security so I can go get your mom tulips!"

"She can live with these roses, everyone loves roses."

"But she likes tulips more. I need her to like me," Taylor isn't too proud to whine. She attempts hopping up to grab up her phone but her heels don't make it an easy feet, and Karlie takes a measured step back.

"They already like you!"

"Okay that is a bold faced lie! Kimby and Kariann said that everyone's still weird about it." Taylor tries once again to reach her phone. Even in her heels Karlie still has a good two inches on her, plus her arms are obnoxiously long.

"That's just because they haven't gotten to know you. When we get there you're going to charm everyone and then you're going to feel dumb for worrying."

Taylor pouts. She gives Karlie that puppy look that she's learned to perfect over the last year. A jutted out bottom lip and a well-placed hand on Karlie's forearm. It usually does the trick but her girlfriend seems to be set in her ways today.

"No tulips." Karlie warns.

"Okay, no tulips." Taylor flashes an innocent smile. Too innocent. Karlie gives her a look but hands the phone over anyway. Taylor grins and then makes a run for it. She cuts diagonally through the living room, almost knocking her knee against the arm of one of the couches. By the time she reaches the stairs, Karlie's on her heels. The model's faster and isn't wearing heels but Taylor's filled with determination as she rushes up the stairs. She knows outrunning Karlie isn't feasible, and when strong arms wrap around her from behind she accepts defeat. Karlie lifts her up effortlessly. Taylor still marvels at the woman's strength to this day.

"Why are you like this?" Taylor deadpans as Karlie carries her towards the master bedroom. The model just laughs in Taylor's ear and nudges the door open with her foot. Meredith and Olivia look towards the door immediately. It looks as if they were having a serious cat conversation at the foot of the bed. Meredith looks unimpressed but Olivia's already audibly purring at the sight of her caregivers.

Karlie dumps Taylor onto the bed, and Taylor bounces a little from the force of it. She glares up at her grinning girlfriend. If she wasn't so cute Taylor would be very upset. It's very hard to be angry at Karlie Kloss, though. Sure, she has her aggravating moments and the two have had their fair share of fights and rough patches, but it's all worth it. Nothing in this world has ever made more sense to Taylor than Karlie. She's pretty sure the model is the only one who can truly put up with her idiosyncrasies and insecurities.