I Didn't See Anything

For a brief second I forgot what had just happened, I forgot about everything. Then I remembered. Sidney's house, blood, Billy, Stu.... It all came back to me.

Billy was staring at me, but he wasn't saying a word. He was just looking at me. He was so perfect, even covered in blood. I looked over at Stu who seemed to be looking all around the room as if there was something he needed to find, I could hear things coming out of his mouth, small murmurs.

"Billy, what the fuck are we gonna do man? We can't let her go. She knows. She saw everything," he said really fast and quietly.

"Shut up Stu," Billy said calmly still staring at me.

What had they just done? I was too scared to say a word but part of me really wanted to know. Why was I even trapped in this room? It looked like a basement of some sort, probably Billy's or Stu's. My mother was probably getting worried, but not as scared as I was right now.

"Ashley, right?" Billy asked me. Billy Loomis was actually talking to me, it's not something you see everyday. How did he even know my name? I was stunned that he would even know that I existed, yet know my name too.

"Uh yeah," I replied.

"I've seen you at school before," he said, with a small lopsided grin.

"Oh." I replied quietly. I really was starting to get scared, I'd seen him covered in blood just minutes ago. What was he going to do to me? I can only imagine what he'd just done at Sidney's house. Did he kill Sidney Prescott? No way. She was one of the most popular girls in school. Maybe he asked her out and she said no, I thought. But he was probably more popular than her, so why would she say no. That's not it then... and why would someone kill a girl for not wanting to go out with them? Why would he kill her?

Before anyone could say anything else, I just went straight for it and asked, "Can I go home? Please?"

"You can't go just yet. You will tell people what you saw," said Billy.

"I didn't see anything," I lied completely, knowing that Billy and Stu had obviously done something bad.

"But you did and we can't let you go because .... You will tell someone!!," Stu added quickly.

"I won't, please just let me go, please!" I begged. I could feel tears coming on.

"You can't tell anyone, Ashley. We know you saw it, you saw the blood on my hands. You saw everything and you know what we did. Now if we let you go free, you will tell the world. We can't have that now can we?" said Billy.

"BUT I WON'T TELL ANYONE. I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING. IT WAS DARK!" I started to beg again. I honestly wasn't lying. If they let me free, I wouldn't tell anyone anything. Who would believe me anyway? No one even knows I exist, let alone believes a word that comes out of my mouth.

Billy got up and went and whispered something to Stu. A sudden smirk came across Stu's face. It's the first I'd seen him happy since he found me at the front of Sidney's house. He always just looked stressed out, it made me wonder if he really wanted to be here right now or even be involved with whatever he and Billy were doing at Sidney's house.

"Okay, Ashley. We'll make you a deal," Billy began. "We will let you go if you can answer these questions for us."

Questions? What questions? Are you serious? Was this a trivia game? I suck. Where was Randy when you needed him.

"Do you like scary movies, Ashley?" Stu asked.

"Kind of," I replied, but in my mind I was screaming. I love horror movies, I basically live for them. I get such a rush when I watch them and not to mention, Randy and I have spent so many late nights sitting up and watching horror. I'm not half the geek he is, but I know some things. I blame my dad for my love for horror. I spent my childhood being forced by him to watch reruns of Poltergeist and Nightmare On Elm Street. He would almost watch Evil Dead on a daily basis too and I kind of got sick of it.

"Stu and I are going to ask you some questions, Ashley. If you get them right, we'll let you go home on the condition that anything you've seen or heard does not leave this room. Is that clear?" he asked.

"Yes."

"First question," Billy said moving towards me. "Name the killer in Halloween."

That's easy, I thought. Were they really trying to trivia me? Or just ask me basic knowledge questions, but I didn't show them how easy I found it. "Michael Myers."

"Oh very good," Billy smiled.

"Moving on," Stu said. "That was just the warm up, this is the real question," he added looking like a kid in a candy store. "Name the killer in Friday the 13th."

Really Stu? Really? That's the real question, I thought. How is that hard? I've seen that movie 20 god damn times, It's Jason. But the answer was too easy, I thought. Think Ashley, think. It's Jason, I'm sure of it. He was the killer in the entire series! But then I remembered, the first Friday the 13th. It wasn't Jason, it was his mother. Nice try Stu, but I got this one.

"Well since you asked for Friday the 13th, I'm assuming you are talking about the first of the series. The killer was Jason's mother, Mrs Voorhees or by her name, Pamela Voorhees. Jason didn't show up until the sequel."

Stu's smile quickly turned into a confused look, I had just owned him. I looked over at Billy and it was as if a light bulb had just gone off in his head. He had this look of awe in his face like he was proud of me, but as I've said before; it's impossible to read his face. His eyes were staring at me deeply, I was too afraid to look back at them. He looked like he had no idea what was going on around him. His focus was on me. At this moment, I really wanted to know what he was thinking.

"Billy, we got a smart one on our hands," Stu said. "Billy?" he added nudging Billy on the shoulders.

"Uh yeah, we do," he snapped out of it. Was Billy surprised that I liked horror movies? "Just let her go, Stu," Billy said getting up. He suddenly looked agitated.

Stu ushered me to get up and I did and started walking up the stairs with him while Billy stayed in the room. He looked like he was thinking deeply. I watched him for as long as I could until I reached the top of the staircase and eventually the door to the house.

"Remember our deal, Ashley. No one must know what you saw, or else," Stu said as I left.

I had no idea what just happened. I was convinced it was all a nightmare, I tried pinching my arms to wake me up, but it wasn't working, it just kept hurting me. I still didn't know what Billy and Stu had done, and to be quite honest I didn't want to know. I was too scared to know. I thought about how I answered those questions. I can't get the look Billy had on his face out of my head. What was he thinking? He and Stu were shocked to see that I actually knew something about horror movies. I wonder what Randy would think right now after he found out I answered those questions correctly. He would be so proud of me. Then I remembered, I can't tell him can I? What is going to happen at school tomorrow? Will Sidney be there? Or is she dead? What about when I see Billy and Stu walk through those halls?