Protective Type

"Billy what are you doing here?" I whispered fiercely.

"I came to see you."

"And may I ask how you know where I live?"

He bit his lip. "I do my research," his eyes widened.

"You can't be here. My parents are home."

"They won't hear a thing."

"They have supersonic hearing, Billy. They will hear you," I said slowly.

He began walking around my room. He was doing it again. That thing where he was judging, watching, making up his mind. Only this time, he was doing it to me. He made sure to see everything. In particular, he looked at all my posters, staring mostly at my A Nightmare On Elm Street one. "You have good taste."

I didn't reply.

He looked over and smiled at me.

"Billy, why are you even here?"

"I told you. I wanted to see you. Why don't we watch a movie or something?"

"I'm not in the mood tonight."

"Let me guess. It's Randy?"

He suddenly had my attention. "How did you know?"

"I know a lot more than you think I do."

He was right. He was an observer. He saw everything, even the things you didn't want him to see.

"You can't tell him, Ash. You know this, right?"

"He won't even talk to me, so it's not like I can tell him anything anyway. He's my best friend, Billy. I've never lied to him before."

He bit his lip and nodded his head, breathing heavily. "You do understand what you're a part of, don't you? I killed Stu. You were there. You were involved. You know about Sidney's mother. You know more than you should. If anyone was to find out, not only would I go down, but also so would you. Do you want to drag Randy into this too?"

Billy was right. In not telling Randy, I was protecting him too. He'd understand that. Well, at least I hope he would. "Can I at least tell him about you and i?"

"I need to keep up this relationship with Sidney, so you can't go telling your best friend that you and I have a thing."

"He doesn't even like Sidney, he won't care about it Billy," I moved closer to him. "I can't lie to him anymore. We don't have to tell him about anything else, I'll just tell him I have a thing for you. It'll clear up so much." I was very close to him now. I touched my lips to his and kissed him softly. "Please?"

"Fine, but nothing else and you tell that little dork of yours that he needs to keep it to himself," he said quickly.

There it was, my answer. It looked like at this stage, I was able to keep both Billy and Randy in my life without things getting too complicated. I was a little shocked that Billy let me compromise with him. He seemed more like the dominant type. It was clear that's how his relationship with Stu was. Maybe I was changing some of him for the good.

The next day at school, I waited for Randy at my locker. I didn't expect him to turn up, but I still waited. When he didn't arrive, I looked around the halls for him before class. I figured it was time to talk and I could tell him about the supposed thing I have for Billy Loomis. It's technically not a lie, but I'm just not telling him the full story.

I saw him from a distance. His short brown hair sticking up and he had his Halloween shirt on. That's my geek.

"Randy!"