Part 45

Mia rested her head on his shoulder and they talked for a while longer. Bruno was being his usual self, making her laugh. He wanted to make sure that when he left her she was really okay. He didn't want her to spend the night in her room crying.

"Bru, can I ask you something?" Mia asked.

"Of course! What is it?" Bruno asked.

"What made you decide you want to be a superstar singer? How do you know that's what you want to do?" she asked him.

He smiled. "That's easy. I've been doing it ever since I can remember and I like the sound of the crowd cheering for me. It's a rush. It makes me feel good. It makes me happy. If I do it right, I hope to one day have a sell out show in New York City at Madison Square Garden. I want the whole crowd cheering, chanting my name, singing my songs. Songs that I wrote! That's my dream Mia! Do you think I'm crazy for that?" he asked her. Every time he talked about music there was so much passion in his voice.

Mia gently placed a hand on either side of his cheeks and looked into his eyes. "No Bruno, I don't think that's crazy at all. I think it's the perfect dream for you and I know that you're going to make it. Trust me when I say I will not let anything stop you from accomplishing your dream. When the day comes that you play at Madison Square Garden, I'll be sitting front row, cheering, chanting your name, and singing your songs with the rest of the crowd" she said with a smile on her face.

In that moment Bruno wanted to kiss her. It took everything he had to fight that urge. He smiled back at her. She removed her hands from his face. "Thank you Mia. That means the world to me. You know, with that voice you were hiding from me, it could be our dream. We could do some amazing things together Mia" Bruno said to her.

Mia giggled. "Nah. It was fun tonight, I enjoyed it. I might even do it again. But I don't think a superstar life is for me. I don't really know what I want to do with my life yet Bru, but I know I want to help people..... kids to be exact." She let out a sigh. "I wish I knew exactly what I wanted to do the way you do."

Bruno placed his hand under her chin. "Keep that head up. You'll figure it out. Don't worry about it. I know that whatever you decide to do, you'll be amazing at it" he said. Then he planted a kiss on her forehead. "Now let's get you inside. It's getting late and I don't want Eli to get upset" he said. He moved his hand from her chin and got up then extended his hand to help her.

"Okay, fine. If we must" she pretended to whine with a grin on her face and took his hand. "Before we go inside, I just want to thank you one more time. Don't say anything. Just accept the thank you" she said. He gave her a warm smile and nodded his head. Then he walked her to her door and they said good night.