My World Is Turning, Changing Each Day

"Do you have your peanut butter and jelly sandwich?"

"Yes, mommy. I really have to go now, or the bus is going to be waiting for me!" Caillou exclaimed as he shoved his last binder into his bag, zipping it up. His mom looked at him one last time, as she fixed the collar of his yellow shirt.

"I can't believe you're starting 9th grade, Caillou. Where have all the years gone!?" She cried. She kissed his bald head and gave him a hug.

"Sorry mommy, but I'm going to be late. I love you!" He ran out the front door while waving to his mom. Caillou wasn't really looking forward to 9th grade. He wished he could be in preschool again. He stood at the bus stop as it approached. He walked in and looked around, noticing most of the seats were already taken. He walked down the aisle as people stared at him. Caillou looked at his feet as he walked, making his way to the back of the bus. He sat down at the single seat at the back and leaned his head against the cool glass.

The bus ride wasn't very long in reality, only about 4 minutes or so. But to Caillou, it felt like forever. He wasn't looking forward to how long school would feel. He grabbed his backpack and waited for the herd of students to make their way out of the bus, Caillou following shortly behind. He was on the last step when the door came closed and hit the back of his shiny head. He winced in pain as he rubbed the back of his head, looking around. He wasn't looking forward to today.

Caillou was walking down the hallway when his eyes laid on the most beautiful creature he ever saw. He was bald, just like Caillou, with a green tint to his skin. His Ogre Jersey hung loose on his shoulders, and fit him very well. Just as Caillou was staring in wonder at the boy, he looked over and smirked, eyeing Caillou from where he leaned against the lockers. This caused Caillou to blush and look down at his feet, turning into his classroom before the bell rang.

He was the first student in class, even before his teacher. His heart raced as he made it to the back on the room, sitting in the very last seat. He was ecstatic. A cute boy and the back desk? This day was getting a lot better for him. But his thoughts finally caught up with him. A cute boy? Caillou always assumed he was straight, but was he wrong? Caillou shook his head, trying to not think about it. He got his stuff ready as he waited for the teacher and other students to arrive.

Soon, they begin to pile in as the bell rings. They all look at Caillou, but then sit down, mostly is groups of friends, and away from Caillou. There weren't any more seats except the one next to Caillou, when the hunky boy from earlier walked in. No one really paid attention to him except Caillou, who stared dreamily at the boy. Suddenly, a few guys came up to his and gave him a fist-bump-hug-thing. Caillou looked down at his desk, slightly embarrassed.

The teacher walked in and signaled for all of them to sit down. The green boy sat down next to Caillou, which sent his heart racing. He glanced over at him, looking at the side of his face. He admired his shiny head, the way his nose curved... he was breathtaking. As Caillou continued to stare, the green boy turned, surprised to see the smaller boy looking at him. He grinned.

"You like what you see?" He whispered in a thick Scottish accent. Caillou blushed with wide eyes, turning to the front where the teacher was introducing himself. Caillou could feel his face getting hotter as the boy next to him chuckled softly.

Once class, and multiple looks in the green boy's direction, were over, Caillou quickly walked out of the classroom. He could stand being that close to him, let alone anyone, for much longer. He made his way to the boy's bathroom and flew into a stall, latching it behind him. He sat on the lid as he tried to calm down. Just then, though, the bathroom door opened, followed by squeaky footsteps and a burst of voices.

"So Shrek, see anyone you like this year yet?" A high pitched voice asked. There was a grunt.

"I'm not sure, yet, Ging. Though, there is this girl named Fiona, and wow..." There was laughter as Caillou recognized the voice. Shrek? Was that his name? Caillou's heart melted- Shrek fit the green boy perfectly. But one thing disappointed him. Shrek liked someone else. He stood up and flushed the toilet to make it seem like he had a reason to be there, and opened the door hesitantly. He made his way to the sink to wash his hands as the boys in the corner of the room continued to talk. When Caillou turned to the hand dryer, however, Shrek's gaze turned to him. His eyes lingered over his lanky body. Caillou tried to ignore it as he left the bathroom, making his way to his next class. Caillou was scared for this school year, but with Shrek around, it may be a bit interesting.