Chapter 1

Boom ---- Crack ---- Sizzle

Thunder booms with lightening igniting the sky. A downpour of rain follows. Wind gusts carry the screams and cries of those being slaughtered.

"Jaina... "

Bodies lay all around, some still holding on to life, others already one with the force.

"Jaina..."

Another flash of lightening, a man stands in the forefront of a group. All are dressed in black with helmets to shield their faces. The leader wields a red tri-light saber. He swings the weapon and it comes crashing down. Searing pain follows and the smell of burning flesh.

"AHHHHHH" Jaina sits up in bed screaming. Dripped in sweat and gasping for air she turns to find her twin brother Ben rushing into her room.

"What's wrong?" Ben frantically asks her. He wipes the sweat and tears from her face.

"I hardly know..." She begins but in a flash of memory she sees his face behind the helmet of the one leading the attack. She jumps at his touch cowering to the other side of the bed.

He moves closer to her, "Talk to me..."

She shakes her head, "It was just a nightmare."

He scoops her into his arms. "Shhh...It's alright... I'm here now. I will fend off the bad dreams."

She looks up at her twin brother, he's always been her protector and confidante. There is no way he would be responsible for all the death and destruction she saw. It was just a bad dream, nothing more. She relaxes and eases into his embrace.

"Remember when we were younger on New Alderaan and we would dream about being Jedi?" Ben asks while stroking Jaina's long brown hair.

"Yes of course... I always beat you at the saber fights." She teases as she gently pokes him with her elbow.

"I recall letting you win because you would cry if I didn't." He rolls his eyes, "Anyway, I always thought it would be more fun and glamourous being a Jedi."

"It's not about glamour. It's about peace, knowledge, serenity, harmony..."

"You sound like Master Luke." Ben huffs.

"Our Uncle is our teacher... He knows the force."

"He doesn't know everything."

"What do you mean?" She pushes back from her brother's embrace.

"Nothing... " He shakes his head. "I should go, we both need to get some sleep."

Jaina watches him leave the room. A pang of fear rises in her chest. She looks out the window, it is still dark out but the sun will be rising soon. She decides to get up and get ready for the day.

Once dressed Jaina finds herself meandering around the temple. At first she aimlessly walked around but now her feet seem to be guiding her to the courtyard. She knows he will be there and she is desperate for advice.

Master Luke is in the courtyard sitting on the grass meditating. Seeing how peaceful he is, she feels guilty and has second thoughts interupting him.

"Jaina... come." He beckons not turning around.

Timidly she descends the stairs and kneels next to him.

"I'm sorry Master. I didn't mean to disturb you."

"You are troubled. What is it?" He asks calmly not opening his eyes.

"I feel foolish... I had a nightmare."

"Not just a nightmare... a vision." He corrects. "What was this vision?"

"I saw the temple being destroyed... Everyone was dying or dead... Even the younglings." Tears begin to stream down her face again. "There were men with helmets covering there faces."

"The Knights of Ren." Master Luke interjects.

"They were led by one... He wielded a red lightsaber."

"Yes, I have seen them myself." He opens his eyes and stands. "I sense your fear. What is it you fear?"

"I think... Ben is the one that leads them." She sobs.

Luke stoops down and takes her in his arms. "Do not be afraid. We will help Ben. There's still time, the vision can change."