MithRoss ~ Highschool AU (P1)

So I came up with this high school AU where Ross is a freshmen and Max is a sophomore, Max being popular and Ross being the quiet nerd who sits in the back. Ross joins the school's anime club, only to have Max sit next to him, who has also joined the club but knows no one in there.

This will be heavily influenced by the anime club at my school that I was in, but no longer attend due to not having enough time to.

Enjoy!

Pairing: Max x Ross

Words: 829

--------

-Ross' POV-

I stand at the club room door, debating whether I should enter or not. I had made the trek to the fourth floor of the building, which required going up a lot of stairs, to where the anime club was meeting.

It was only my second week of high school, but I decided that maybe I could make friends that had similar interests to mine.

I'm about to turn around and leave when the door opens. An older girl pops out, who looked to be a few years older than me.

"Hey there! Have you come to join the club? Come on in!"

I was going to say no, but she seemed so nice and I didn't want to be rude. I enter the room only to have everyone in the room look my way.

"Here you go! Sign this paper real quick, so that we know you're in the club."

I grab the pen and paper from her, then write my name down, not even bothering to look at the other names.

"Welcome to the club Ross! Go ahead and take a seat!"

There was an empty table in the back of the room, so with my head down I quickly make my way over and take a seat.

The club wasn't starting for awhile, so I pull out a book and start to read.

"Okay everyone, we're starting! My name is Jess, welcome to anime club! I assume all of you like anime, so don't be afraid to make friends. We're going to start off by saying our names and our favorite anime."

Everyone starts introducing themselves, as I continue to read my book.

"Hey, uh, Ross? It's your turn."

I look up and everyone is looking at me. I quickly flip my book over, then stand up.

"U-Uh, hello everyone-"

"Please speak a bit louder."

"Sorry. Hello everyone, my name is Ross, I'm a freshmen, and my favorite anime is, uh, Gurren Lagann."

"Thank you Ross! That's a good anime. You may sit down again."

I take sigh of relief as I sit back down, then start to read my book again. I only look up again when I hear the door open, and the voice of Jess greeting someone.

A tall boy who looked to be older than me entered the room. He was a ginger, was wearing all black, had a bag slung over his shoulder, and wore a necklace with a gold "Z" on the end.

As he entered, I started to hear whispering coming from another table.

"Isn't that Max? One of the most popular kids in the school?"

"Yeah, he's a sophomore."

I'm caught off guard as he starts to walk towards me.

"Hey, mind if I sit next to you?" He asks, as I start to panic.

"S-Sure! G-Go ahead!"

He takes a seat next to me, as I hide my face in my book. He was popular, the opposite of me, and older than me! What was I supposed to do?

"Hey, you okay?" I feel his hand on my shoulder, as I feel my body heat up and my face flush.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just, uh, tired." That was true, but not the reason why I was doing that.

"Oh, okay. I love your jacket by the way."

I was wearing my favorite jacket, which was supposed to be a narwhal. It had a horn on the hood, but I rarely had the hood over my head since the school didn't allow it.

"T-Thanks! I like your necklace."

"Oh, this thing? Thanks, my father gave it to me before he joined the army."

"I-I'm so sorry-"

"Hey, it's fine. Anyways, I'm Max. What's your name?"

"Ross."

"Cute name. Sorry if I'm bothering you."

"You aren't! I was going to sit with other people, but I guess I got too nervous."

"Well, if you'd like, I can always sit next to you. I mean, if you don't mind."

He wanted to sit next to me? ME? The quiet kid who always sat in the back reading, not talking to the other kids?

"I would love that... as long as it's not a bother."

"Hey, it's fine! You seem pretty cool."

Cool? I am not cool.

"T-Thank you. What's your favorite anime? Mine's Gurren Lagann."

"Clannad."

I had never seen it, but I knew that that was a very sad anime.

"Yeah, I may not look it, but I'm a sucker for sad anime. I've seen Anohana at least six times."

"Wow, really?!"

We continue to talk, since we weren't really supposed to do anything that day but talk to people and make some new friends. Unfortunately, five o'clock hit, and it was time to go home.

Max walked me to my locker, then headed home as I gathered my stuff and processed what just happened.

I wouldn't be able to see him until next week, since club was only on Tuesdays, but I think I've made a new friend. A very cute one at that.

--------

There we go! This was so much fun to write, I'm loving this AU. Would you guys be interested in a part 2? ... Or even more parts? Let me know!