Chapter 3

"We booked the flight together?" I asked them.

"Yeah."

"Like all of us? Together? Like together together?" I asked again not believing it.

"Yes."

Today, I'm so excited but at the same time, I'm pretty nervous. Nervous to see Ben again to be exact. I don't think he will remember me though. I went to the toilet to check myself. I looked at the mirror and gave myself a nod. I walked out from the toilet.

"Come on!" Nancy said and we walked inside the airport and have to wait for 2 more hours before we board the plane.

"There they are!" Tania said as he pointed at the small group of people. We walked towards them and I looked at my friends. Most of them changed, they all looked more mature. They greeted us and I tried to make small talks. I don't see Ben anywhere and I hoped he doesn't show up.

"Do you have a boyfriend now?" Sam asked. He was our basketball captain and he's cute.

"No." I said and he smiled. Sam is a really nice guy and he helped me at lab class.

"Good to hear it."

"Still play basketball?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, still playing but with a bunch highschool kids, sometimes with my college friends if they're not busy." He answered.

"Nice to hear that you still play, you have talent."

Suddenly I heard someone mention Ben's name and I ignored it.

"Have I told you that you look beautiful?" Sam said and I smiled.

"Thanks, you look-"

"Lauren Coleman!" Someone caled me and I turned around to see who but Ben caught me off guard. He pulled me into his embrace in front of everyone.

Did I mention everyone? Did I mention too that I hate attention? Since when we're on this.. level? Last time I remembered, he hates me.

I was shocked to see Ben acting like we were best friends. I saw Tania lookng at me completely confused and I sent help but she was too busy looking answer.

"Hi?" I said as I pulled away.

"Long time no see." He said giving me his best smile.

Long time no see? Now, everyone has their attention on us. I don't like it a bit. I pushed him away.

"Yeah." I just said without looking at him. Everyone was whispering something and I bet it's about my relationship with him. I looked at Ben and he's wearing a black hoodie with black sweatpants and a sunglasses which hide his eyes from me.

I walked away from him because I don't like this situation. I bet my bestfriends are as confused as me.

"What was that?!" Tania asked.

"Don't ask me! I don't know! I don't even know if he knows my name.. let alone him noticing me breath the same air as me." I freaked out.

"Okay, calm down." Nancy joined.

"That's the weirdest thing.." Tania said and I sighed.

"What is he up to?" I looked at him suspiciously but he was busy talking to other friends.

"Maybe he likes you?" I turned to Nancy disbelief.

"That's the most ridiculous thing that I've ever heard. Last time I checked, he hates me because I ruined his project."

"But you already re-write it and you told him about it right?" Nancy asked.

"Yes but when we're graduating, he still gave me his cold glare."

"Maybe he likes you, maybe he can't resist you now." Tania said and I shook my head.

"I sense something weird and I know he's up to something."

"Stop the negative thoughts, he's not that type of guy." Nancy said and I shook my head.

"He is! He hates me and now he's acting so weird." I can't believe my friends are trying to be nice.

"Let's check in our luggages first." Someone said and we all walked towards our check in section. Everyone walked first and I followed them from behind.

"Faster Lauren, why are you so slow?" Ben said and everyone turned their heads to me. I sighed and I looked at Ben coldly.

"Here let me help you." Sam said as he walked to me.

"No, it's okay! I'm good.." I smiled and rejected him politely.

"It's fine, Lauren." He said and that's when I noticed his deep dimple on his right cheek.

"It's quite heavy though."

"I know and it's okay." He grabbed my luggage and I can see my bestfriends grinning on the side.

Ben Harrison

"Faster Lauren, why are you so slow?" I said as I saw her struggling with her luggage. I wanted to make her uncomfortable and annoyed with me. She deserved to be treated like that for what she did in the past.

When I hugged her, she pushed me away pretty quick. She hates attention and I can see it through her eyes. I bet she knows something was up. Everyone started to look at her after I called her out. I laughed at her and she glared at me.

Suddenly Sam walked to her and offered to help. He was smiling to her and they seemed to argue about something. I saw her smiling at him and I can see her eyes light up. I scowled hating what I saw.

I need to make her feel annoyed and uncomfortable so she will get out of my sight. I hate her guts, pretend to be innocent when she's far from that.

Lauren Coleman, you should have not come. I'll give you hell.