Letting go

Hey guys! Here's a little something new; Im gonna be working on this with my friend Meghan! Soooo tell me what you think and if you want it continued. Leave your comment below orrrr message me c: ~Lily

______________________________________________________________________

"Brooke, you have to let go. If you keep holding on, you'll fall too."

I felt that horrible lump in my throat again and tears streaming vigorously down my cheeks.

"I.. I cant, Kyle! I'm not going ANYWHERE without you!" but I knew it was a lie. I already felt his hand slipping from my sweaty grip.

"Brooke, you need to keep going okay? For me. You have to move on. I love you." and with that, he let go and fell into the dark abyss below.

'Kyle, NO!" I screamed. I felt as though my heart shattered in my chest and began to panic, causing me to feel as though I couldn't breathe. So much so that I jolted myself out of my sleep and caused Chad, my older brother to run in my room, frantic, wide eyed, and holding an iron bat.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?" he asked, the bat held firmly and positioned in my direction.

"N..Nothing. Go back to sl-sleep." I stuttered trying to catch my breath and quit crying.

He raised and eyebrow, put the bat down and relaxed his stance leaning against the wall. He clearly wasn't going anywhere without an explanation. He sat next to me on my bed and tapped out a steady tempo onto my back, knowing that it helps me to concentrate on breathing and slows my speedy heart.

'It was a nightmare.. From that night." I said. He nodded once, looked me over, shot me a glance of pity and then walked out. He understood, and knowing that I had such an understanding brother was such a load off.

I knew it was a dream, but it felt all too real. Almost as if it I had lost him all over again.

I missed him so much, sometimes I felt like taking my own life to be with him seemed so much better than the hell I'm living now. But I knew how selfish that was. When I thought of him my heart burned, and I couldn't help but cry myself to a deep sleep and dream about us together. Dream of us as if he was still here.