Chapter 4- Grievers

"Thomas! What were you thinking?!" I say, hugging him.

"I just didn't want to leave you guys in here alone."

"Well, now you're gonna be dead too. Great job." Minho said, as he grabbed his backpack and turned to start running the other way.

"Where are you going?" Thomas yelled after him, "What about Alby?"

"I don't know. But I'm gonna try to stay alive. See ya shanks."

"Minho please." I beg but he just kept going. I turn back to Thomas, "What are we gonna do with Alby?"

"What if we try tying him up in the vines. They're thick enough, maybe the grievers won't see him."

"Good idea." I smile at him, putting Alby's arm around my shoulder and Thomas follows suit. We find a loose vine and carry Alby to it. We place him in a certain position that is necessary for what we were trying to do. Once he's risen to safety, we hear the moan of a griever. Thomas quickly grabs my hand and pulls me into a patch of thick vines.

"How are we-" I get cut off by his hand covering my mouth. He puts a finger up to his lips indicating for me to shut up. We don't hear any moans so Thomas silently tip-toes out of the vines and I follow.

Then, out of nowhere, a griever pops up behind us and we begin sprinting forward, the only way we can go without being stung, unless we run into another one. Then we're screwed. We run and run as fast as we can. We cut the griever off with some walls. But then we get cut off by a cliff. I almost fall off but Thomas grabs the back of my shirt just in time. He really is the reason I'm still alive and I owe him a lot. I'm incredibly grateful for a friend like him.

"We're gonna have to jump and when we do, there are some vines over there. We just have to grab hold of them and we won't die." He says, pointing at the vines across the way.

"Very reassuring." We run back just a little bit so we could get a good jump in there. The griever is gaining up on us and I let out some very rushed breaths. Thomas grabs my hand and pulls me along at full speed. Once we reach the cliff, he jumps and with the very short time I have before I make both of us fall to our deaths, I try my hardest to get a good jump in before my feet leave the platform. It seems like a million years before I grab on to the vines.

Our plan worked! The griever got side tracked and fell to its death. We catch our breath and Thomas starts climbing down. I climb down too and when I reach the bottom, Thomas helps me jump out of the vines. Once my feet are safely on the ground, I run into Thomas's arms and hold on tight.

"Thank you!" I say, tears streaming down my face. I think I may have taken him by surprise because he doesn't say anything. He just hugs back and puts his chin on the top of my head, which is enough 'your welcome' for me.

"Oh my klunk, you shanks are actually alive." We break apart to find Minho a few feet away. His arms are crossed and he has his backpack on his shoulders, "Is Alby still alive?"

"I hope so. Let's go check." Thomas says. Taking the lead. I hug Minho and we follow Thomas to where Alby is tied up.

"You tied him in the vines?" Minho asks, surprised. He looks up at Alby's unconscious body still hanging in the vines. We get him safely to the ground.

"(Y/N) take his backpack. You're going to carry his backpack. We are going to carry him. You look so tired." Minho says, adjusting Alby's arm on his shoulders as Thomas follows suit.

"Yeah. But you guys look tired too." They just shake their heads and begin walking toward the direction of the doors. I just follow silently behind.